Share your mon-fri meal plans for this week

(79 Posts)
LucyBorgia Sun 30-Sep-12 09:55:11

Im trying to get enthusiastic about this weeks meal plans. I'm not. A month into my brandy spandy meal planning makeover I'm running out of inspiration. Care to share? I'll give you last weeks (yawn)if you give me your yours I just know yours will be more exciting than mine
Slow cooked ham for sandwiches etc
Mon Roast chicken
Tues Chicken pasta pesto
Wed Jamie's meatloaf
Thurs rach Allen's h/made sausages n apple sauce & colcannon
Fri supposed to be homemade but too tired so frozen pizza (nutritious mmm)
Friday

Wolfcub Mon 01-Oct-12 19:54:42

Not necessarily in order and we are on a diet (hairy biker style) so these are low cal meals

F baked feta in tomato sauce
S Chilli in chappati baskets with salad
S french onion soup and bacon sandwiches (because we went out for sunday dinner)
M Cajun Chicken Gumbo with Rice
T Mediterranean Veg with Lamb
W Somerset Stew
T Spicy Root Veg and Lentil Curry
F Sausage traybake

LucyBorgia Mon 01-Oct-12 22:11:07

Wolfcub loving your menu is it all from the hairy dieters? If it is it sounds like the sort of diet food I could handle. I know I've got to lose a bit if weight but as I do all the midweek cooking as im home earlier i can't torment the whole family with a weightwatchers episode. I really don't have the time or inclination to go back to all that
at the moment life's too busy. This stuff sounds like yummy food I'd enjoy cooking - would you recommend the book ?

Wolfcub Tue 02-Oct-12 06:58:14

Lucy, all of those dishes except the chilli are from the bbcgood food website but they are all 400 cals or less so really a 500-550 cal dinner with a side dish/rice etc. The chilli is hairy bikers and their book is definitely worth getting the food is delicious, the spanish chicken bake, sweet and sour and the Jalfrezi are things that will end up on our list of family favourites. Everything we've eaten from it so far has been really tasty and, supplementing with recipes from good food that follow the same principles we both lost a stone in 4-5 weeks and are continuing to lose.

dreamingofsun Tue 02-Oct-12 08:35:18

hairy bikers diet book is great. spanish chicken, sweet and sour are all family favourites now, plus fish pie which my husband raves about. nothing so far has been mediocre.

Dreaming my DH said the same. I showed him the book and asked to look (as he has to lose ordered by DR) he said there was nothing in it which he wouldn't eat.

So far everything I tried he loved.

The book club are offer hairy bikers diet for a fiver atm- I'm about buy it on the back of this thread

The book people I mean, sorry.

Monday was pasta with garlic tomato, onion and salami sauce.

Tuesday - mushroom pizza (ds1 special request)

Wednesday - stir-fry vegetables with noodles

Thursday - sausage pasta bake

Friday - jacket potatoes with cheese and onion

At the weekend we typically have a big roast or casserole on Saturday and the leftovers on Sunday.

PiedWagtail Tue 02-Oct-12 11:45:46

Shepherds pie
veggie pasta
star wars stew
liver and bacon casserole
chilli

weregoingtothezoo Tue 02-Oct-12 12:51:50

Monday - crispy chicken with h/m egg fried rice (with peas and sweetcorn)
Tuesday - roast chicken, stuffing, frozen roast potatoes (the shame!), broccoli.
Wednesday - h/m spinach and ricotta canneloni
Thursday - beef casserole, jacket potatoes, buttery spinach
Friday - filo wrapped haddock (with h/m tomato and herb sauce) and peas.
Am anaemic after surgery a few weeks ago hence the green veg and red meat.

Wolfcub Tue 02-Oct-12 19:52:04

I really want to know what star wars stew is

Snog Tue 02-Oct-12 20:03:53

Homemade meatballs and spaghetti
Lemon chicken tray bake
Shepherds pie
Pizzas
Spag Bol
Roast chicken
Chicken and ham pie by hairy bikers

Vickles Wed 03-Oct-12 14:11:59

found a star wars recipe here...

Star Wars Stew

4 to 5 sausages (sealed and cut into thick slices)
1 onion (diced)
400g tin baked beans
small tin corn kernels (drained and rinsed)
400g tin diced tomatoes
1 bay leaf
2 large potatoes (diced)
frozen peas
salt & pepper
175g diced bacon (browned) NOTE: often I don't have bacon and just leave it out, it still tastes good.

Throw it all in the slow cooker and cook on low for around 6 hours. Serve with rice. Remember to remove the bay leaf when cooked smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 03-Oct-12 14:33:13

Why is it a star wars stew? Am I missing something?

mogandme Wed 03-Oct-12 14:35:33

Mon Spag bol and garlic bread / banana
Tue Sausage and pasta in a home made tomato sauce / Melon-Pineapple
Wed Chicken pie and mash
Thurs Sausage and cheesey potatoes
Fri Curry

Vickles Wed 03-Oct-12 15:56:50

Re star wars stew.. i have no idea. but, apparently there is a star wars cookbook!

LucyBorgia Wed 03-Oct-12 19:32:04

Star Wars stew is making my head hurt
So, it's Wednesday....does pretending I knew what I was doing all week still count as planning?
Mon roast chicken - getting bored of that every week but dd2 eats it without fail...other dinners fail on a depressingly regular basis - toddlers have no appreciation for culinary imagination.plus it's very handy for tues
Tues chicken and ham and everything in the cupboard pie
Wed pork meatballs and pasta for dds and pork meatballs cous cous and yummy Jamie spicy chickpea sauce from the meatloaf recipe
Thurs Slow cooker beef stew
Friday fajitas and beer!!! Although obviously the dds will not be having the beer and again because they do not appreciate the good things in life they can have cheesy cheesy fish pie made last week from the freezer.
Y'know looking at that week it strikes me that even though i did blw with both of them i seem to have lost the whole they eat what we eat as they got more noisily opinionated older. I suppose some of it is our need for a decent chilli hit on a regular basis. It might be a bit cruel (but funny to watch) otherwisewink

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 03-Oct-12 20:26:12

Star Wars stew sounds like it could be a winner with DS but he will eat virtually anything.

And of course pretending can count as planning.

PiedWagtail Wed 03-Oct-12 21:00:32

Star wars stew recipe smile

Tin beans
tin sweetcorn
tin tomatoes
herbs to taste
sausages - pack of 6 for 5, or whatever you fancy
potatoes - slice thickly and parboil
packed of plain crisps and grated cheese to top

Grill sausages
Add onion and all tins into big casserole dish.
Parboil potatoes.
Chop sausages and add to dish,
Layer potatoes on top.
Cook in oven for about 1.5 hours. For last 10 mins, add crushed up packet of crisps and grated cheese to top.

Et voila!!! It's very yummy. Not sure about where the name came from!

armadillo I only got around to making the brownies today. Oh my goodness , they are amazing! So easy too!

TheArmadillo Sat 06-Oct-12 08:13:39

yes they are dangerously good. Have stolen the brownie part of the recipe for dh birthday cake for tomorrow as is I think the best one I have done - am using it for the layers in his black forest gateau inspired cake.

Did your caramel stay seperate or sink in?

That sounds lovely! I was thinking how nice the brownie bit would be with sour cherries. The caramel sank but stil in a layer iyswim. I think next time I'll put most of the mix in and only save enough for a thin layer on top.

we ended up having

spag bol
lentils, bacon and spinach with rice
jacket pots, beans and sweetcorn and coleslaw
thai chicken and rice
and for the life of me cannot remember tuesday !
today intends to be sausages and mash
sunday dh has promised to make steak pie

riverboat Sat 06-Oct-12 12:31:56

Well I'm a week late, but currently sitting here trying to work out our meal plan for next week before I go to the supermarket so this thread has really useful for inspiration!

I've finally arrived at:

Today: Shepherds pie
Sunday: Roasted herby chicken legs + roasted carrots and potatoes
Monday: Pork chops + Chinese green beans (Gok recipe)
Tuesday: Toulouse sausage + butter bean casserole
Wednesday: Chicken korma + rice or maybe flatbreads if I'm feeling experimental
Thursday: Tuna, red onion and sweetcorn salad + french bread
Friday: meal out

Some meals I've seen on this thread that I want to try in the future but need recipes for: colcannon, sausage cider casserole, veg biryani, spicy root veg and lentil curry, lemon chicken tray bake, lentil bacon spinach with rice...if anyone can point me towards decent recipes for those I'd be very grateful!

chocolateshoes Sat 06-Oct-12 21:16:06

Planning for this week.......

mon: fish pie
tues: tagine & couscous
wed; veggi curry
thurs; smoked salmon gnocci bake
fri; broccoli & anchovy pasta

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now