NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Wine alternative

(11 Posts)
assumpta Sat 29-Sep-12 17:47:26

Any ideas for an nice alcoholic drink. I can no longer have white wine due to feeling rubbish, but I can have a small glass of red every now and then. White wine just makes me really full and horrible in my sinus and red is not quite so bad. I am out tonight and would like to have something a bit different before my meal, but tasty. I can't have brandy and am fed up with gin and tonic. I am sure some of you ladies know a nice tasty tipple or two! Nothing too fattening like baileys please!

LemarchandsBox Sat 29-Sep-12 18:00:58

Gin, lime and soda? Unless it's the gin taste you are fed up of.

assumpta Sun 30-Sep-12 10:14:59

That sounds nice actually. In the end I went with a Malibu and diet coke. It was pretty grim. I think next time I will just have a lime and soda, and wait for wine with my meal.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 30-Sep-12 10:38:56

Another time how about a Sea Breeze? Vodka, cranberry and grapefruit juice. The fruit juices are refreshingly sharp rather than sickly sweet, it's not fizzy so no bloating and the vodka gives it a little kick.

Mine's a pint - real ale or cider

Mintyy Mon 01-Oct-12 12:57:03

Vodka. Have a Moscow Mule, which is vodka, ginger ale and lime. Delicious.

sparkle12mar08 Mon 01-Oct-12 14:23:32

I've switched to nice ciders for my tipple of choice (only drink once a week or so). I prefer it because I can go sweet or dry at will, the bottle isn't as big so I can finish it myself if I want, it's much less strong than wine (so it doesn't matter if I do finish it, and it's much cheaper even when you buy artisan ciders.

sparkle12mar08 'tis the time of year to make your own ...

sparkle12mar08 Tue 02-Oct-12 13:28:28

There's a desperate lack of quality tree fruit round here, and I'm still working my way through the last of last year's damson gin! Yum!

Beanbagz Tue 02-Oct-12 15:53:18

How about Rekorderlig (Swedish) ciders? Strawberry & lime is my favourite flavour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now