Would you like to help us test recipes for the Mumsnet Cookbook?

(850 Posts)
CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Sep-12 13:02:59

Shhh .. don't tell everyone but we're working on a top secret new project in the form of The Mumsnet Cookbook and we need your help.

We'd like to get together a Mumsnet Cookbook cookery group to stop us from piling on the pounds help us test these shortlisted recipes.

Each volunteer will be allocated a recipe which they'll then cook for their family and give us some feedback on how easy, hard, good, bad, expensive etc they are and whether they'd make it again. All the recipes chosen were submitted over the years by Mumsnetters, so there shouldn't be any outlandish shock or particularly difficult to source ingredients - and they should all be pretty easy to make (we hope!).

As a thank-you, we'll be putting everyone who helps out into a prize draw to win a Bloomsbury cookbook.

And if that's not enough of an incentive, everyone who helps will have their *Mumsnetter nickname featured in the cookbook's acknowledgements.

scaryg Tue 25-Sep-12 07:53:50

Yes please

alli1968 Tue 25-Sep-12 08:14:51

Yes please. Love cookiing. Especially soup and cake. But not together!!

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Sep-12 09:14:38

Wow - what a response! We've had over 300 people wanting to help out which is brilliant. I hope you've all clicked the link and added your name there, as we're just about to close it.

Aw sad only just seen this

CatherineH, the new topic of Pictures would be an ace place to have the feedback thread.

We could all drool over everyone's creations and satisfy our inner curiosity re their kitchen decor.

wink

Good idea chaos. It worked very well on the THING threads, to have pictures really does help and it is quite straightforward to do.

My mouth is already watering

CMP69 Tue 25-Sep-12 17:14:44

Oh yes please, love new food ideas!! grin

Yorky Tue 25-Sep-12 18:42:02

Gutted I didn't see this earlier

I am vair sad this has enough volunteers now sad

Count me in - you need to get a blokes view on this - you MUST replace one of your testers NOW!!

Dollydowser Tue 25-Sep-12 19:09:12

Am I too late (as usual!)?

Dollydowser Tue 25-Sep-12 19:11:26

Can you do another one, which is just cakes? I am happy to try out all the recipes myself. Except coffee cake, we'll need one more volunteer for that grin

NoillyPrat Tue 25-Sep-12 19:26:26

Aww I'm kicking myself that I've missed this! sad

MyHeartBelongsToKermit Tue 25-Sep-12 19:34:56

Yes please!

Bestgrin

MyHeartBelongsToKermit Tue 25-Sep-12 19:35:28

Oh....too late

Bestsad

MamaGeekChic Tue 25-Sep-12 19:37:20

Sure can grin

Yorky Tue 25-Sep-12 19:40:43

I'll do the coffee cake for you Dolly smile

Dollydowser Tue 25-Sep-12 20:12:53

Thanks Yorky, you're very kind smile

I am vair good at coffee cake.
With or without walnuts as guests dictate..

Mmmmmm, caaaaaakkkkkkeee

Dollydowser Tue 25-Sep-12 22:58:57

I've just made butterfly cakes, some chocolate ones, some vanilla, so that's those ticked off the list.

Norks do one with walnuts, Yorky without. Sorted.

Yorky Wed 26-Sep-12 08:20:23

Hurray for coffee cake without walnuts! with white chocolate frosting and cocoa dusting so it looks like cappuccino?

Carrot cake muffins on the to do list today - its healthy innit for lunchboxes!

booksinbed Thu 27-Sep-12 22:42:13

yay!! yes please .

Ohh I've been given mine to test! Looks great too, I'm quite excited, it's not something I've done before or would think of doing but I have the ingredients so will have a go for dinner tomorrow! grin

Just got my email from HQ with the recipe!

A teensy bit excited now- here's hoping I don't balls it up. grin

Goody goody! grin Definitely something I've never cooked before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now