Would you like to help us test recipes for the Mumsnet Cookbook?

(850 Posts)
CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Sep-12 13:02:59

Shhh .. don't tell everyone but we're working on a top secret new project in the form of The Mumsnet Cookbook and we need your help.

We'd like to get together a Mumsnet Cookbook cookery group to stop us from piling on the pounds help us test these shortlisted recipes.

Each volunteer will be allocated a recipe which they'll then cook for their family and give us some feedback on how easy, hard, good, bad, expensive etc they are and whether they'd make it again. All the recipes chosen were submitted over the years by Mumsnetters, so there shouldn't be any outlandish shock or particularly difficult to source ingredients - and they should all be pretty easy to make (we hope!).

As a thank-you, we'll be putting everyone who helps out into a prize draw to win a Bloomsbury cookbook.

And if that's not enough of an incentive, everyone who helps will have their *Mumsnetter nickname featured in the cookbook's acknowledgements.

PhylisStein Wed 10-Apr-13 12:14:45

Happy to do sweet potato and pea curry and the roasted cauliflower.

Dysgu Wed 10-Apr-13 22:14:18

Thanks Catherine - looking forward to the fitters and beans. Bought the zucchini (forgotten UK name) today so will do them tomorrow.

snowballinashoebox Wed 10-Apr-13 22:24:06

I'm happy to try the Greek kebabs.

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Apr-13 09:52:59

PhylisStein and Snowballinashoebox - thanks. Are you both OK to do it before next Monday?

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Apr-13 09:54:53

Badroly - would be great if you'd do another one. We still have the pasta sauce, aubergine hotpot and garlic peas up for grabs. Will also PM you.

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Apr-13 09:56:45

Dimdomillpot - any of the recipes I posted up yesterday appeal? Will PM you too.

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Apr-13 16:39:33

Any more tester volunteers? <smiles winningly>

Blatherskite Thu 11-Apr-13 16:44:11

Me, me, me, me, me!

I love cooking! Delia picked my cake when she came in to do the web chat and everything!!

Only problem is, my oven blew up last week sad

I can do hob things though <hopeful>

Blatherskite Thu 11-Apr-13 16:46:44

Why isn't this appearing on my "threads I'm on"?

ControlGeek Thu 11-Apr-13 16:46:47

Ooh count DP me in! He I need new recipes to try out smile Are there any in particular that still need testing? The garlic peas sound rather yum.

TheSecondComing Thu 11-Apr-13 16:48:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Apr-13 17:24:08

Blatherskite - the garlic peas, tomato sauce and curry are all good for the hob. Do you want to pick one and post which one you'll do?

ControlGeek, TheSecondComing - any on the veggie lists above you'd like? Just post which one you want to do.

ControlGeek Thu 11-Apr-13 18:00:23

Note to self, read the flaming recipes first - hadn't realised the garlic peas were in the baby and weaning section blush

Aubergine hotpot in that case smile

Blatherskite Thu 11-Apr-13 21:30:31

Yay! Found you! This thread resolutely refuses to stay on my 'threads I'm on' and I lost it completely after MN had it's little biscuit-y meltdown this afternoon!!

No-one in my house will eat curry but I could do one or both of the other two...

Blatherskite Thu 11-Apr-13 21:36:52

DD adores pasta sauce so I might try that if that's OK?

Doing a grocery order now so I'll get the bits put on now

WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 11-Apr-13 21:40:53

Ooh just caught up with this - was wondering where it had all got to smile

Blatherskite Fri 12-Apr-13 11:10:17

All the bits have arrived. Will make the sauce over the weekend

Fillybuster Fri 12-Apr-13 11:46:38

Totally lost this thread...no idea how or why, after doing quite a bit of testing a while ago.

Will give the courgette fritters a go this afternoon unofficially, as was about to trawl for fresh dinner ideas for the dcs smile

ControlGeek Fri 12-Apr-13 19:00:00

Right, I have all the ingredients in now for the aubergine hotpot, DP is about to start chopping and prepping. Total cost of all the ingredients was £7.20.

Quick question - where do you want the review? Should I post it here, or as a comment on the recipe page?

PhylisStein Sat 13-Apr-13 08:19:07

Ingredients bought - cooking today!

dimdommilpot Sat 13-Apr-13 11:17:14

Will do the cauliflower receipe this weekend and put up the feedback. Thanks

ControlGeek Sat 13-Apr-13 13:26:50

Ignore my last question, I've found the feedback link and have just completed the feedback for the aubergine hotpot.

PhylisStein Sat 13-Apr-13 19:09:35

All cooking done and dinner eaten - where's the feedback thread please?

PhylisStein Sat 13-Apr-13 19:19:24

All cooking done and dinner eaten and feedback given.

MummyYah Sun 14-Apr-13 12:49:20

I'll put the oven on now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now