Would you like to help us test recipes for the Mumsnet Cookbook?

(850 Posts)
CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Sep-12 13:02:59

Shhh .. don't tell everyone but we're working on a top secret new project in the form of The Mumsnet Cookbook and we need your help.

We'd like to get together a Mumsnet Cookbook cookery group to stop us from piling on the pounds help us test these shortlisted recipes.

Each volunteer will be allocated a recipe which they'll then cook for their family and give us some feedback on how easy, hard, good, bad, expensive etc they are and whether they'd make it again. All the recipes chosen were submitted over the years by Mumsnetters, so there shouldn't be any outlandish shock or particularly difficult to source ingredients - and they should all be pretty easy to make (we hope!).

As a thank-you, we'll be putting everyone who helps out into a prize draw to win a Bloomsbury cookbook.

And if that's not enough of an incentive, everyone who helps will have their *Mumsnetter nickname featured in the cookbook's acknowledgements.

snowballinashoebox Mon 03-Dec-12 14:35:29

I'm always happy to try another.

confuddledDOTcom Mon 03-Dec-12 15:34:28

Yes please!

DialMforMummy Mon 03-Dec-12 15:36:08

I'll take a look.

gazzalw Mon 03-Dec-12 16:42:14

We'll have another go at something...it widens the usual repertoire ;-)!

boredbuthappy Mon 03-Dec-12 19:05:40

I'm interested!

shockers Mon 03-Dec-12 19:14:18

Am I too late? I'd love to try some new stuff!

twinklesparkles Wed 05-Dec-12 13:04:36

Hi there smile

Am very interested in being a part of this if you have room for one more smile

DameMargotFountain Wed 05-Dec-12 16:54:02

any news on the recipes Catherine?

having a bit of a dinner party on Friday night, have 4 (incl self) willing guinea pigs grin

reastie Sun 09-Dec-12 07:46:16

Is it too late for new recipes? Just saw you want sunday lunch recipes and I have a lovely vegetarian dish which has been a firm family favourite (even with non veggies) for sunday lunch for years - can add it to recipes if needed?

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Dec-12 13:51:38

reastie - do add in your veggie recipe for Sunday lunch on the recipe section - would be great to have it.

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 18-Dec-12 15:48:44

Sorry for the radio silence everyone. Back again with some recipes that we'd like testing - these four are specifically recipes that kids should be able to cook/help with

Bounty balls
Veal burgers
cheese and sweetcorn pancakes
baked tomatoes with tuna and rice

Would anyone like to test these over the next couple of weeks? (know it's so busy over Christmas for everyone!)

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Dec-12 10:13:13

Anyone at all? <hopeful face>

Ninetyninepercent Wed 19-Dec-12 10:31:58

I don't mind testing the cheese and sweetcorn pancakes. When would you need the feedback by though?

snowballsandbaileysinashoebox Wed 19-Dec-12 16:34:19

Because I feel so sorry for you I'll have a go at the bounty ball things but it won't happen that quickly. Think they may become snowballs though!

Welovecouscous Wed 19-Dec-12 16:37:46

Looking forward to seeing the book when it comes out smile

gazzalw Wed 19-Dec-12 18:36:28

I'll try the veal burgers although reckon I will have to go to Waitrose to find veal....

Yes, when do you need feedback by Catherine?

iamstitch Wed 19-Dec-12 18:49:27

Would love to! Yum grin

iamstitch Wed 19-Dec-12 19:13:56

Ill try the balls! wink

Melty Thu 20-Dec-12 14:04:25

Happy to try anything else, but nothing with Tuna. And it seems that the rest are gone!
smile

MadeleineMorrow Wed 26-Dec-12 22:10:46

Let me know if you still need a tester for the tomatoes with tuna. Happy to get my kids to make these.

Yes please, would love to!!

Ninetyninepercent Sun 30-Dec-12 22:19:21

I tested the cheese and sweetcorn pancakes and they were really very yummy and moreish! Will definitely be making those again. highly recommended! I've completed the survey and will send on a pic!

gazzalw Mon 31-Dec-12 11:31:51

I haven't made the veal burgers yet as haven't managed to source the veal mince. Had a look in a Waitrose Local but as suspected too small to sell such niche market goods. Thought M&S might come up trumps but don't think our area is pukka enough for such things!

Ninetyninepercent Tue 01-Jan-13 15:23:20

I've kept an eye open for veal mince too - but to no avail. Not in local farm shop, Waitrose, M+S Food or Tesco.

gazzalw Tue 01-Jan-13 16:37:03

I'm very surprised that a large Waitrose wouldn't have it although maybe it depends where it is...Have to say that with being on hols and not having been anywhere with a 'proper' branch of Waitrose I haven't really had the opportunity to properly check

Was wondering whether a butcher who catered to the Eastern European market might be more likely to sell it? Or possibly some highly expensive organic butcher in some chichi part of Town?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now