1.5kg chicken - how many adults will that feed?

(4 Posts)
wineonafridaynight Sun 12-Sep-10 14:14:59

Or rather how many meals am I likely to get out of it for two adults? It is in the slow cooker now - hoping to use the left over meat tomorrow as well for dinner. Do you think there is likely to be enough? Could I stretch it for dinner on Tuesday as well?

RubberDuck Sun 12-Sep-10 14:16:53

We usually have a 1.6kg chicken for 2 adults + 2 kids for roast one day and then chicken and chips the next day. I think you'd be pushing your luck for Tuesday as well though to be fair

winnybella Sun 12-Sep-10 14:18:20

2 meals -easily. I know people say they can feed 5 for 4 days on one chicken, but that requires quite a lot of ingenuity plus you end up not eating that much actual chicken iyswim.

When I do a roast chicken, we have that, then I use the rest of the meat for risotto with wild mushrooms and than boil the bones for a stock.

wineonafridaynight Sun 12-Sep-10 14:31:08

Thanks - in that case it is roast chicken today, chicken curry tomorrow and potentially a chicken and chorizo risotto or something similar on Tuesday, depending on chicken levels!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now