Can I freeze trifle??

(10 Posts)
tassis Sun 21-Aug-05 19:46:46

Had a great BBQ for around 50 people this afternoon. Stupidly I forgot to ask folk to bring stuff (or tell them what I wanted!!) so we ended up with LOADS of desserts. I think we'll manage to polish off most of them , but there's a trifle left that's not even been started. Do you reckon I could freeze it?

tassis Sun 21-Aug-05 20:27:02

someone...please...

I can't bear to throw away food and I can't possible eat this much.

reckon a leftovers party may be in order!!

bran Sun 21-Aug-05 20:29:58

I don't think cream and custard freeze particularly well. Cream tends to separate when it defrosts. It should keep for a couple of days in the fridge though so you can take your time eating it. Go on, force yourself!

KBear Sun 21-Aug-05 20:30:16

I wouldn't think it would freeze - custard, no, cream, probably not. It will keep a couple of days in the fridge.

KBear Sun 21-Aug-05 20:33:19

bran, you beat me!

kath4kids Sun 21-Aug-05 21:03:18

i know someone who works for a frozen food retailer and their trifles are frozen before they go into the store in the chiller cabinet, and i've bought products from a discount freezer place before now that say do not freeze and i can only presume that it is because they are manufactured, frozen then defrosted to put on sale in the shops so cannot be refrozen.

Hope that helps now i've rambled on.

tassis Sun 21-Aug-05 21:18:25

Hmm, now I'm confused.

I'd just eat it only we have 2 other half eaten trifles, some fruit cobbler and this yummy concoction of marshammlow, crushed pineapple and cream that's disapperaring by the second.

If I did freeze it I wouldn't inflict defrosted trifle on anyone but dh and I just in case it's dodgy.

Pudding party tomorrow maybe...

kath4kids Sun 21-Aug-05 21:41:12

sounds rather nice wish u lived by me then u could offload some our way and make
me even more over weight

tassis Tue 23-Aug-05 17:10:40

problem solved - we're just eating them all.

almost finished.

what a lovely problem to have had.

bran Wed 24-Aug-05 08:33:29

So will you be starting a thread very soon asking about detox diets?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now