bye-bye

(5 Posts)
SomewhereIBelong Mon 13-Apr-15 09:51:13

Am having a minor flounce... or just an adjustment of priorities, I think I need to go and live life.

Spent a long time this holiday telling my kids that they should be wary of telling people stuff on their social media sites and then feeling a complete hypocrite myself.

I especially dislike the current trend for bragging about illegal stuff - downloading pirate copies, lying to get kids in free/cheap etc, so think I'm done - I feel too much of a prude, goody-goody, whatever.

bye-bye.

mollister Mon 13-Apr-15 16:01:48

Good on you!

I find that I don't have time to deal with it all anyway. I'll start a thread or join in when I feel down then forget it.
There are clearly some lovely people on here but they are sort of virtual friends, not real ones.

I absolutely agree that we carp on at our kids about 'looking up' from their phones and then we're all doing the same.

BTW I also feel like it is a club that I don't really know/understand the rules to and the older members are all much funner/savvier than me so it is buying into a huge insecurity I don't need!!
Good luck with your lifeflowers

6cats3gingerkittens Sat 30-May-15 15:09:41

I frankly find a lot of posters very bitchy and cruel.

fortunately Sat 30-May-15 15:11:49

Fine, no one is forcing you to join in. If you don't like it then by all means find somewhere which fits more with your philosophy....

PlayingHouse Sat 30-May-15 15:13:20

Can anyone link to the threads about getting kids in free etc

Sound helpful! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now