So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

(36 Posts)
CarpeJugulum France Wed 27-Mar-13 17:03:02

I post, and no one replies - with maybe one or two threads as an exception. Or I post on a thread and kill it.

It seems that I am destined for the same cyber-life as real life; the e-equivalent of a wallflower.

Maybe it's my posting style, but it's stupidly making me sad.

So, farewell all. Live long and prosper!

RonaldMcDonald Wed 22-May-13 00:47:13

oo that's a pity. I like your posts

Hey carpe I miss you from the flylady thread too smile don't go, come back with an exciting list wink

Mantella Sat 18-May-13 22:07:17

I hope she is back. It can be tough on here sometimes and it's hard when you feel that you're being ignored.

Ilikethebreeze Sat 18-May-13 21:56:46

There is a CarpeVinum.

Ilikethebreeze Sat 18-May-13 21:55:31

Is she back under a different similar name?
I thought I had seen her around. Maybe not.

Mantella Sat 18-May-13 21:53:49

Hi Carpe. Come back soon smile

Just spotted this, if you are still lurking I have missed you from the Flylady thread. Hope you are OK.

M0naLisa Sun 31-Mar-13 23:14:30

How's your ds? I recognize your name too grin

M0naLisa Sun 31-Mar-13 23:14:03

Are you coming back grin

Pan Wed 27-Mar-13 21:12:02

ok Carpe, are you re-considering?

MarinaIvy Wed 27-Mar-13 20:50:53

And you're a Pratchett fan! No such thing as too many Pratchett fans in the room.

Hope DS is feeling better.

SecretLindtBunny Wed 27-Mar-13 20:22:56

Carpe- take a few days off and then just pile back in.

Pan Wed 27-Mar-13 20:19:49

You must stay for two v good reasons:
1. You live in Scotland.
2. You can spell 'aufwiedersehn' properly.

You should only go if you are offensive and trashy. (though there are appreciative corners of MN for these breeds..). I get a lot of the trashy stuff, but that's the way of the world.
Post again, and if you feel you are being ignored, post it again with "Oi! I'm talking to you, vipers!" Or some such. Wall flowers are often exquisite roses or orchids when they bloom.

IamtheZombie Wed 27-Mar-13 19:56:27

Carpe, Zombie is sad to see this. She's sure that we've spoken on a couple of threads.

If you need a break, take it. But please come back soon.

ZZZenAgain Wed 27-Mar-13 19:53:17

No, you are annoyed. I meant ignored. You are not being ignored.

ZZZenAgain Wed 27-Mar-13 19:53:00

A lot of people will not have seen your post about ds. I haven't seen it. Come on, you are not being annoyed.

Give us a link to the thread and we'll get cracking on it if we have anything reasonable to say, or even maybe if we don't

chickydoo Wed 27-Mar-13 19:51:22

grin

I know you, you've been around ages. I think you used to post more, or I was on here more to notice.

Your DS has breathing problems? I second NHS Direct - they'll most likely send you to OOH but from experience that's probably best. Hope he is ok soon.

MarinaIvy Wed 27-Mar-13 19:36:47

I'm one of those weirdoes who sees the need to read whole threads before replying, so I usually get there with my wit&wisdom round about page 39 and 3/4s. I'll go toe-to-toe with you on thread-killing!

BTW, agree with the NHS Direct concept - they're well used to us worry-warts by now.

So flounce right back, ya dreadful wench. grin

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Wed 27-Mar-13 17:29:50

Shodan GHERKINS ARE THE DEVIL'S WORK? How very dare you, DD loves them and will happily eat jars of the bloody disgusting things. I am shocked I tell you, shocked.

CheeseStrawWars Wed 27-Mar-13 17:28:29

You posted at 16.42 in Childrens Health and flounce 21 minutes later... it's not you, it's just not the busiest section, and it is bang on tea-time... You should post in Chat for stuff you want a quick answer to.

But I do recognise your name. Have a brew and hope your DS feels better soon. The breathing is more a worry than the temperature, imo. Maybe ring NHS Direct to set your mind at rest.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 27-Mar-13 17:24:03

Oh, everyone ignores me. grin

Don't let it get you down.

Oh God no one ever replies to me. I'd have gone years ago by that token! Start your threads with "oi fuckers, over here now!" and you'll get lots of responses!

Seriously. Give it another try when you're ready. I hope you get someone to talk to about your DS.

BitBewildered Wed 27-Mar-13 17:18:33

I'm sure I recognise you. I overthink before posting, so either miss the moment or kill the thread. [sigh]

Shodan Wed 27-Mar-13 17:18:29

Oh bums.

Slow typing makes a x-post fool out of me. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Sometimes it's the time of day/week that makes a difference to how many replies you get though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now