ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

I'm definitely off, Won't namechange, just going to go.

(592 Posts)
Fenton Mon 11-Feb-13 23:37:42

Not attention seeking, just thought I'd clear off in the proper way,

I've had some amazing things happen since I've been here, good solid friends, life changing things , which I will always be grateful for.

I don't think I'm sensitive flower, I've always been more concerned about upsetting other people than worried for my own feelings.

Having my opinions and viewpoints pulled apart or mocked I can withstand, but to be belittled by people I feel I have chatted over sometime now actually hurts my feelings, - so, after sobbing into my cocoa for the past hour I know it's time to go.

It's surprising the things that finally make you flounce, innit?

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 10:48:43

They ARE squarky fuckers.

Pagwatch Tue 12-Feb-13 10:49:35

Shhhhh Pinot angry

PhilMcAverty Tue 12-Feb-13 10:49:43

Nothing to do with the train thread. Laughing at "letting the wankstains win" as it's deliciously ironic.

As for who I am, does it matter? Do I have to be "known" confused?

I think Fenton was possibly the first friend I made on mumsnet when I joined many moons ago, and I'm bloody upset she's gone and hope she comes back.

TheNebulousBoojum Tue 12-Feb-13 10:50:02

Because of the ninja ginger foxes. The chickens are heroically saving entire families by drawing attention to themselves.

Pagwatch Tue 12-Feb-13 10:50:32

While all the people I like are here .....gratuitous re post

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 10:51:58

We had a fox living under our shed once. Ahh. Had babies but I ate them. Eww.

Phil you have a jolly good name grin

AlienReflux Tue 12-Feb-13 10:52:12

Fenton You don't 'know' me, but I 'know' you (in a totally undodgy kinda way) please don't tip the scales in favour of the utter twats?

totally that post makes you sound like a bit of a twat TBH

Maryz Tue 12-Feb-13 10:52:13

Sorry, scone. I cross-posted. I do like a good acronym, especially a slightly contemptuous one grin

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 10:53:11

FYAC

I didn't eat the baby foxes.

confused

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 10:53:31

I see you on the fb, pinot, innit. sometimes when i see people oin there I don't notice they not here.

TheNebulousBoojum Tue 12-Feb-13 10:54:15

Whose babies did you eat, Pinot?

MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Tue 12-Feb-13 10:55:27

Nobody has to be "known" Phil. As I said on another thread yesterday, I tend to assume everyone I don't recognise is a serial namechanger unless they say or do something which indicates they are a newbie.

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 10:55:53

yy mardy

Right I must go and unpack some bloody boxes.

You better be back when I get back Fenton <glares>

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 12-Feb-13 10:56:23

It does make me cross when the good posters leave, it just means the po will take over.
We must remember wot that Churchill chap said and never surrender.

Maryz Tue 12-Feb-13 10:56:42

Sorry, Phil, we aren't complaining about who you are. You just sound familiar, and I suspect that since you have appeared some other name I recognise will have simultaneously disappeared, leaving me wondering.

I'm too old to cope with name-changing, it upsets me sad.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 12-Feb-13 10:56:59

<welling up at memory of the old gardener ad>

Inspired by another thread, I am trying to download the theme tune to Black Beauty for my new ringtone, but watching those closing credits always makes me cry too, so perhaps not a good idea to be sniffing and lumpy-throated every time my phone rings?

What do you think Fenton? should I go for Black Beauty? other option is introduction to When Doves Cry but I think that might be a bit of a cliche.

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 10:57:18

I don't eat baby anything. Not even those fancy baby chickens that get spatchcocked. Great word, that, but I can't eat baby anything. What are those chickens called? Not poisons,that's fish innit. Gah.

The fox ate her babies.

I fear I am digressing and struggling to stay on track. Ahem.

TotallyBS Tue 12-Feb-13 10:58:19

Hully - I'm not looking to make 'connections and friends' here on MN. I have the Real World for that.

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 10:58:52

poussin?

MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Tue 12-Feb-13 10:58:56

We will fight them on AIBU
We will fight them in Chat
We will fight them in Site Stuff and the DogHouse
We will never surrender...

AlienReflux Tue 12-Feb-13 10:58:58

Poissons?? (horrendous spelling, and prob wrong shagging bird anyway)

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 10:59:18

yes, well that is why you don't understand us lot caring then, innit?

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 10:59:36

My last was to totallybs

FlouncingMintyy Tue 12-Feb-13 10:59:42

Someone needs to apply Pag's acronym to TotallyBS, please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now