I'm definitely off, Won't namechange, just going to go.

(592 Posts)
Fenton Mon 11-Feb-13 23:37:42

Not attention seeking, just thought I'd clear off in the proper way,

I've had some amazing things happen since I've been here, good solid friends, life changing things , which I will always be grateful for.

I don't think I'm sensitive flower, I've always been more concerned about upsetting other people than worried for my own feelings.

Having my opinions and viewpoints pulled apart or mocked I can withstand, but to be belittled by people I feel I have chatted over sometime now actually hurts my feelings, - so, after sobbing into my cocoa for the past hour I know it's time to go.

It's surprising the things that finally make you flounce, innit?

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 10:37:00

Fenton, you delicious devil, you've made me break my break som can implore you not to goooooooooo.

I was merrily wangling away <sounds rude, isn't> and now I've had to log on and dip my tootsies into the mucky MN waters again.

Who has been an arsehole? A newbie or a namechanger? Pray tell.

Come and hide in my buzzum until you feel better <opens arms>

Katie, I noticed you'd gone. Bu I see you on t'fb.

Pagwatch Tue 12-Feb-13 10:37:01

I like it when people say they are leaving. It is good manners.

Interpreting it as lacking dignity and designed to get requests to stay seem to me to be other posters projecting their relationships on the board onto the op.

GetOrf Tue 12-Feb-13 10:37:51

Fuck dignity, anyway.

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 12-Feb-13 10:37:52

Oh ffs, I go away for one sodding weekend and miss yet more madness.

Don't de-reg Fenton, have a break by all means but don't let the bastards grind you down.

I never join in with the gorn to the dogs threads but honestly, it is bonkers on here ATM. Everyone is so angry about everything. I don't get it. Is it some sort of prolonged invasion? I only say that as the angry people seem to be names I don't recognise.

Right, I'm off to try and find these threads.

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 10:38:09

I still can't jeffing type

[arse]

Total bs - what a bloody ridiculous thing to say!

I may not "know" Fenton or Hully or Paggy or anyone on this site but they are lovely and I would sit there and wonder where they were if they stopped posting.

This is more than words on a screen for me, it is somewhere I come to laugh and feel a part of things - and this lot <gestures wildly> are fab.

SDFOTAD.

Pagwatch Tue 12-Feb-13 10:39:13

I think Fenton had a small drink and got all melancholy.
She will feel better this morning <confident>

I remember drinking lots of port and crying over a Yellow Pages ad.

TheNebulousBoojum Tue 12-Feb-13 10:39:29

Pinot, haven't you got anything cute and fluffy kitten-shaped to distract Fenton with?

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 10:41:23

What was the ad, Paggy? Was it support hose again?

And you, Pinot, where the actual jeff have you been young lady?

I don't know, I move half way across the road hoping to finally chat with the people who have been making me laugh for the last two years and you are all bloody disappearing!

This Cannot Continue, do you hear?

Road?!

Fucking World Autocorrect..

MmeLindor Tue 12-Feb-13 10:42:15

I don't think it is bs to post a flounce thread. Many of us have 'friends' on MN and they would wonder where we had gone should we just disappear.

It is also a good reminder that words on a screen do hurt, and we should all be more aware of what we say to others.

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 10:42:22

I have not hmm I have a rotund girl cat who refuses to wear her collar and a ginger boy cat who brings me dead mice.

Sigh.

The cute days are gorn.

I can sing and do jazz hands? No? wink

TotallyBS Tue 12-Feb-13 10:42:47

Mintyy - As I said, it's a bit silly to elevate post from anonymous strangers to a level that concerns me grin

Although I do like the idea of just parking my arise in the middle of the road and doing a Gandalf.

Arse.

Fucking hell autocorrect. We are going to have a fall out..

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 10:43:59

Xpost, sozzles Scone

I was a tad poorly so had a breakypoo. Thanks for noticing <dark looks at others> grin

Thumbwitch Tue 12-Feb-13 10:44:04

Nooo Fenton, you can't go! Bad plan. Hide the madder threads and boards and stay.

I'll send you thanks.

Maryz Tue 12-Feb-13 10:44:12

I think this is a good place for one of Pag's "oh do fuck off" comments.

I will aim mine at TBS smile.

TheNebulousBoojum Tue 12-Feb-13 10:44:40

I've reduced my stress level om MN, I've hidden Primary Education, the whole lot.
I may never talk to Mrz again, but it's so much more fun logging on now.

Mine was subtly added ^

See if you can spot it...

Pagwatch Tue 12-Feb-13 10:45:50

No no. Not this time Hully.
It's the one when the old gardener thinks they are going to sack him but they have got a ride on lawn mower for him.
His little face! <wails>

Although I forgot to add [headtilt]

Pagwatch Tue 12-Feb-13 10:47:46

I think it's odd to post on flouncers corner objecting to flouncing.
It's like going on chicken keepers to tell them that chickens are squarky fuckers.

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 10:48:07

Oh yes, that is very moving, Pag.

Totallybs, maybe you just haven't made the sort of connections and friends on here that some of us have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now