I'm definitely off, Won't namechange, just going to go.

(592 Posts)
Fenton Mon 11-Feb-13 23:37:42

Not attention seeking, just thought I'd clear off in the proper way,

I've had some amazing things happen since I've been here, good solid friends, life changing things , which I will always be grateful for.

I don't think I'm sensitive flower, I've always been more concerned about upsetting other people than worried for my own feelings.

Having my opinions and viewpoints pulled apart or mocked I can withstand, but to be belittled by people I feel I have chatted over sometime now actually hurts my feelings, - so, after sobbing into my cocoa for the past hour I know it's time to go.

It's surprising the things that finally make you flounce, innit?

Pagwatch Tue 12-Feb-13 09:07:11

Good grief Fenton.
No. Just don't.

You need to stay here or the 'person here for a chat and some laughs' vs 'total gobshite looking to shout thick shit at random people' balance gets fucked.

MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Tue 12-Feb-13 09:08:00

Yes getorf. She's the one who berated all those poor grocers for their heinous use of apostrophes. That lead her to believe that she was some sort of arbiter of moral standards and she wrote a follow up book called "Talk to the Hand". I haven't read it, but I understand it s a rant about the behavioural standards of those types who are likely to be unfamiliar with the correct usage of semicolons.

I prefer David Crystal's approach

BTW comeback Fenton

No no Fenton, please don't go! Your name makes me laugh and you are lovely, I would miss you.

I just hide those threads that look like a bunfight waiting to happen because I am protecting my blood pressure

Btw katie, it is lovely to spot you around again. <snogs>

Pagwatch Tue 12-Feb-13 09:16:43

The kids on a train thread is the very definition of people who should not be allowed to drive or operate machinery or vote being let loose on the internet.

Jesus wept Fenton. You can't leave over that sort of shite.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Feb-13 09:29:27

OH CHRIST
Please REPORT this kind of shite.
Thanks

almostanotherday Tue 12-Feb-13 09:32:35

Fenton-you can't go, I have only just started talking to you smile

FlouncingMintyy Tue 12-Feb-13 09:36:48

Fenton! shock. Please, please, the number of interesting posters that its possible to shoot the breeze with is dwindling by the day (I also noted your absence Katie).

GetOrf Tue 12-Feb-13 09:42:49

You tell 'er, mintyy.

BIWI Tue 12-Feb-13 09:42:59

Fenton. You absolutely cannot leave. Without you, the number of the Po will swell even further.

(And yay! to see Katie back smile)

Maryz Tue 12-Feb-13 09:43:10

OI YOU CAN'T FLOUNCE.

Not today - I will think it's my fault because I made fun of your Site Stuff thread sad. I have no idea what's up (off to search), but I will take it personally and be very upset.

<stamps feet, glares sternly>

Maryz Tue 12-Feb-13 09:46:13

And if this is about the noisy train thread, that thread is just bananas. I considered posting on it yesterday, but couldn't think of a remotely sensible thing to say that wouldn't have been pounce on by everyone.

Maryz Tue 12-Feb-13 09:46:43

And, and, and - ffs don't dereg.

You will look very silly with side-bollocks.

Fishandjam Tue 12-Feb-13 09:49:17

Fenton please don't go. You don't know me from Adam but I like your posts <heart-on-sleeve emoticon>

And that toddler train fred was full of nutters. If they had toddlers themselves I can only assume they were of the Midwich Cuckoo variety.

BluelightsAndSirens Tue 12-Feb-13 09:51:24

You will need to beg for castration when you come back.

Do you really want to go through that?

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 09:56:12

FENTON

what has happened?

Katie - I noticed yesterday you were back my luvverly, good to see you. We need all the sanity we can get.

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Tue 12-Feb-13 09:56:15

sad Fenton don't go. Us fucked up Labrador people have to stick together. Hullypup and I need you.

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 09:58:31

Someone tell me what happened?

MrsGeologist Tue 12-Feb-13 10:00:08

Don't go Fenton. You probably don't know me, but I always agree with your posts, and your name always makes me chuckle.

Aw, don't go Fenton. I like you sad

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 10:02:02

what happened?

what happened?

what happened?

you bastards

Fenton !!! Don't go love...

Not sure hully, I think it was the frankly mad toddler on a train thread wot did it.

Please come back Fenton, I have even put a picture of my lab on my profile for you to coo over <pleads>

GetOrf Tue 12-Feb-13 10:06:10

I don;t know what happened hully.

Was it the toddlers on the train thread?

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 10:06:34

Thanks scone, who are you btw?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now