I'm definitely off, Won't namechange, just going to go.

(592 Posts)
Fenton Bosnia-Herzegovina Mon 11-Feb-13 23:37:42

Not attention seeking, just thought I'd clear off in the proper way,

I've had some amazing things happen since I've been here, good solid friends, life changing things , which I will always be grateful for.

I don't think I'm sensitive flower, I've always been more concerned about upsetting other people than worried for my own feelings.

Having my opinions and viewpoints pulled apart or mocked I can withstand, but to be belittled by people I feel I have chatted over sometime now actually hurts my feelings, - so, after sobbing into my cocoa for the past hour I know it's time to go.

It's surprising the things that finally make you flounce, innit?

KatieMiddleton Tue 12-Feb-13 16:28:37

Thing is Maryz it's blocking the front door so I can't flee.

Shit "mummy please clean my teeth" is being screeched at me.

<prays>

TheNebulousBoojum Tue 12-Feb-13 16:29:30

You don't like Nutella?

shock shock shock shock

All the more for us chocoholics then.

Seven boxes unpacked, pancake batter made and resting in the fridge and here I am.

Fenton still not back then? Oh dear sad

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 16:30:28

This is ridiculous.

I hate this.

Virtually everyone on this thread are mates and there are paranoias and whispers.

TSC - what did you mean?

lemonmuffin - what do you mean?

Why do people have to do this shit?

It's so unhealthy.

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 16:30:48

Ooh lemon, you dropped your spoon.

Maryz, Fenton might be picking up PMs. Maybe try that? Just ask her outright, save all the bored pancake-avoiding wenches from guessing.

It couldn't have been the deleted Fred though, it was clear it was all done in a Spirit of competitive mnhq lurve..

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 12-Feb-13 16:34:38

I did pm her Pinot. And I apologised last night - it was a jokey response, I thought mnhq might merge two threads to keep everythiing together.

I have no idea, I can't believe she would flounce over it, but I'm beginning to wonder now with all the "I know something, but I'm not telling you; someone on this thread has upset her, but I won't tell you who you are or what you've done".

It's horrible.

I am sure it was not you MaryZ

Agree Hully, all this paranoia makes me get a wibbly gut.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 12-Feb-13 16:35:16

It's like being back in school sad

GetOrf Tue 12-Feb-13 16:35:24

I don't UNDERSTAND

And my pancake batter is sitting resting in the bowl of my KitchenAid <boast>. We only have sugar and lemon cos we is refined.

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 16:36:44

you are forcing me to squiggle you now, Maryz, lovely. With my dinner lady arms, you need to prepare y'self.

Fenton, mate, please clarify if you read this.

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 16:37:38

Squidge not squiggle

God I hate this phone

FOOL

GetOrf Tue 12-Feb-13 16:37:49

Oh shit it's pancake day.

I am not making pancakes for one. My name isn't Delia.

<punches Maryz in spirit of camaraderie>

Divide and conquer you see, if they can get us doubting ourselves and wossname, then Bob is the one in the scarlet drawing room with the lead piping.

Oh no, mentions of school and memories of dinner ladies.

<exits>

Fenton Bosnia-Herzegovina Tue 12-Feb-13 16:38:35

I am NOT the Pope.

I did NOT do a pissed flounce, - the very idea <hoiks>

It was NOT the noisy toddler toy on a train thread, I like to think that I am made of tougher stuff than that.

It's all about nothing, and a lot about everything.

But I was upset, snubbed, had a virtual slap in the face, if you like.

I have been doing a lot of over thinking about this, and in the light of day I am still miffed, and because of that it is really time for a break.

I try my best to be nice and kind and thoughtful on here, and with the exception of the occasional snippy comment which has slipped out here and there, I don't think I've done too badly, I have certainly never said anything intentionally hurtful.

I don't want to go into the ins and outs, rights or wrongs, because I want to leave the door ajar for myself - at the end of the day although I can't say I chose to be upset, upset I was. I am annoyed at myself about that more than anything.

I am touched by the kind things people have said today, I really am. And the very kind PMs, And only one poster mocking my need to do a flounce thread isn't bad either grin

So, I won't de-register, FENTON is still mine, - but I really, really, for my own good need to take a breather. Being a bit of an introvert in RL, I think I have become too reliant on this forum for laughs, chats and good company, - it's mostly smoke and mirrors afterall - I'd forgotten that, my fault.

I will slope back with my tail between me legs before too long, I expect.

<leaves trail of dog biscuits>

biscuit biscuit biscuit biscuit biscuit biscuit
biscuit biscuit biscuit
biscuit

FooffyShmoo Tue 12-Feb-13 16:39:41

<pursued by a dinner lady>

FlouncingMintyy Tue 12-Feb-13 16:40:00

confused

I thought it would all be sorted by now. If it was anything to do with what Mary said then Fenton didn't show it on the thread.

Just hoping it all turns out alright in the end sad.

Pinot Tue 12-Feb-13 16:40:46

I am going to need more proof you're not the Pope.

GetOrf Tue 12-Feb-13 16:41:27

Oh fenton.

It's not all smoke and mirrors really. I don't think so. I like to think that the nice people I speak to on here are just that - nice people.

I am sorry that you are hurt about whatever happened and hope you come back.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 12-Feb-13 16:41:29

Crikey, I always always always manage to cross post at a crucial moment.

Hullygully Tue 12-Feb-13 16:41:39

So what the fuck was it Fenton?????

TheSecondComing Tue 12-Feb-13 16:42:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheNebulousBoojum Tue 12-Feb-13 16:42:57

Glad you're not leaving Fenton, a break is a healthy and sane thing to do. You can leave us addicts rocking in the corner, unable to exert the willpower to do the same.
I hope you'll be back, with a happy tail and a bounce in your step in a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now