I'm off

(97 Posts)
LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 13:59:10

That's all.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 15:20:57

Loops ... my recent flounce is wearing off slightly. You will calm down and feel less angry about this. But when you do come back, I really don't think it is a good idea to report iffy posts if they aren't directed towards you. It does make you (one) come across as a bit prefect-ish, or even the infamous professionally offended, and that is very much disliked on Mumsnet as a general rule.

Someone reported a.n.other poster for being horrendously rude to me once and the post got deleted, but I was really furious. Had I wanted it deleted I would have reported it myself.

This is not to say that your motivations weren't sound, but you know we mainly are big girls on this site.

Pagwatch Tue 22-Jan-13 15:22:28

Don't go loops.
It's all a storm in a cupcake.

LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 15:22:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MoaneyMcmoanmoan Tue 22-Jan-13 15:24:29

I respectfully disagree Mintyy.

There are no innocent bystanders - that's what we teach our kids, and we should model it ourselves.

LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 15:25:29

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Pinot Tue 22-Jan-13 15:26:32

Mintyy, I disagree with respect.

RowanHQ said the complete opposite on the other thread, infact.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 15:27:36

However, having seen Rowan's post on the other thread about how much they LOVE all reports, do feel free to say "fuck that Mintyy" to my previous post grin.

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Tue 22-Jan-13 15:27:38

I disagree too Mintty, OP was dead right to report that post. And the subsequent mocking was not called for.

And since when is reporting a personal attak seen as "prefecty". And where are these general rules on MN? Ive been here many a year and a personal attack is a personal attack. Moany is right There are no innocent bystanders - that's what we teach our kids, and we should model it ourselves.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 15:28:02

Oh, I see you already did.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 15:28:37

Ha!

LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 15:29:48

smile None of that 'respectfully disagreeing' for me!

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 15:32:13

But Loopy didn't you report a post directed at someone else, someone in particular. Surely she should have been the one to report it if she were offended by it?

StressDaily Tue 22-Jan-13 15:33:55

I wonder why personal attacks towards 'popular' posters is less abhorrent to you.

LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 15:36:14

Why?

The post that offended me was one that indicated that most of MN thought bad things about her. Allowing people to post that sort of nasty bullying spite is horrible. Everyone should have reported it. And it affects us all, as she was accusing most of us of thinking that way along with her.

In the case of a playground, if your child was being picked on and their friends watched, did nothing because your child didn't tell the teacher for whatever reason, what would you think of those friends? It is the responsibility of all of us to stop that kind of behaviour. Everywhere.

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 15:37:16

loopy, with all respect, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. there were plenty of PA's (and much nastier than idiot) coming from you on the other thread.

I am not in a clique.

I am not one of the cool kids.

yet you still continued to attack me, calling me a bully and so on, all for disagreeing with you wrt what constitues a PA and merits reporting.

and some of your posts on here have been a thinly veiled continuation.

I hope you enjoy your break and come back to mn refreshed.

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 22-Jan-13 15:37:43

"Cliquey bitches" and "the cool kids behaving like dicks".
So you're quite happy to give it out yourself OP hmm

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 15:38:09

and please cease with the cries of bully. it minimizes real bullying.

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 15:38:51

LBE, xpost wink

LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 15:38:53

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 15:40:05

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 15:41:08

anyway, I'm leaving this thread now.

hope to see you soon.

LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 15:42:17

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 22-Jan-13 15:42:21

I think you're losing the moral highground a bit here Loops.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 22-Jan-13 15:43:46

FlouncingMintyy

Loops ... my recent flounce is wearing off slightly. You will calm down and feel less angry about this. But when you do come back, I really don't think it is a good idea to report iffy posts if they aren't directed towards you. It does make you (one) come across as a bit prefect-ish, or even the infamous professionally offended, and that is very much disliked on Mumsnet as a general rule.

Someone reported a.n.other poster for being horrendously rude to me once and the post got deleted, but I was really furious. Had I wanted it deleted I would have reported it myself.

This is not to say that your motivations weren't sound, but you know we mainly are big girls on this site.

Sorry but we flatly disagree with this here at MNHQ and to prove it I'm going to cross-post my irritating summary from the other thread:

Please report
We love reports
We love reports about posts that you think are attacking you
We love reports about posts that you think are attacking other posters
We love reports about spam
We love reports about trolls
We love reports about trolls who turn out to be regulars

We just really do love reports.

<runs through a sun-dappled field holding hands with a report>

We do not think reporters are prefects, or sexually frustrated, or PO, or bored. We think they're people who like Mumsnet and want to keep it running reasonably smoothly, and see reporting as a way they can contribute to that.

Just wanted to get that on the record, really.

So, you know, to summarise: please report.

LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 15:45:28

I don't really care what you think LBE. Fact is, I called some people up on their bullying. They can clamp their hands over their ears all they like if they don't want to here it, I'm just not sticking around to be part of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now