Classic flounce - goodbye

(52 Posts)
AfterEightMintyy Thu 03-Jan-13 21:32:45

Hello Scottishmummy and others! Time for me to say my farewells (yeah, yeah, you've heard it all before wink).

I just want to say goodbye to my Mumsnet chums who I consider in no particular order to be MaryZ, Biwi, Hec, Paggy, Hully, Getorf, Talcy, Boffy, Eleanor, Stealthy, TSC, ABF, ChippingIn, Baldy, Edgar, BigTillyMint, Springy, Blu, Seeker, Slubber, everyone on Brave Babes, everyone on 5:2 diet thread, everyone on the swiftly-deleted Kingsdale threads also Flighty, Dumbledoresgirl and SEA (wherever you may be these days).

The cesspit that is aibu has finally done for me and after years of denying that bullying ever happens on Mumsnet I am just disgusted at a particular thread today and it has given me the final push. Also, a lot of the posters that I like hardly seem to be here any more.

Everyone mentioned above and many others long gone or temporarily overlooked (my apologies) have given me countless hours of entertainment, company, advice and support since August 2006 and for that I am very grateful.

TuftyFinch Thu 03-Jan-13 22:08:47

'You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!'
Don't let the bastards grind you down.
Please stay. Don't go.

usualsuspect3 Thu 03-Jan-13 22:09:13

I will miss seeing you around.I can understand why you want to leave though.

JugglingMeYorkiesAndNutRoast Thu 03-Jan-13 22:11:31

Oh Mintyy, don't go. I was just getting to know you x
(That takes a while with me as I have a goldfish brain blush)

Hassled Thu 03-Jan-13 22:12:50

I think people have been forced to spend way way too much time with their families over the holiday period and are letting out their inner festering rage by being a wanker on MN instead. It will level out - soon back to school, back to work etc and then it will be back to the normal level of harmony and cuddles and unicorns that we know and love.

Mintyy - ride it out, please. Have a break, but nothing so drastic as a deregister.

< dancing and prancing unicorns emoticon ... with rainbows .... just for Mintyy smile >

Unicorns galloped in with a little New Year name change there too ... did you notice ?

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 03-Jan-13 22:26:40

Hell-fire, I go to work for one flipping day and it's all kicking off!

I don't think you should leave tbh. I don't 'know' you as such as I'm not in any quiches or anything like that but it looks like you've made some good friends.

Don't let a few tossers spoil it for you.

I have to admit I haven't been on much over Christmas as it's seemed a bit off iykwim but it'll sort itself out same as always.

(Disclaimer- I don't think I've seen the threads you're talking about. So I'm sorry if you've been genuinely upset)

FrankWippery Thu 03-Jan-13 23:00:38

Isn't it Kingsmill GetOrf? I wouldn't know for sure as obviously I only feed my children with artisan breads made from hand milled angel flour.

timidviper Thu 03-Jan-13 23:02:45

I went to work today and have obviously missed something momentous! confused Sorry if it upset you.

TuftyFinch Thu 03-Jan-13 23:08:26

That angel flour's a bit pricey Frank. Have you tried growing your own wheat? grin
I hope you're fair to middling.

FellatioNelson Fri 04-Jan-13 05:26:54

sad I am sad that you are leaving.

I am confused that you listed BigTillyMint as one of your favourites because I thought you were BigTillyMint.

This is a weird place sometimes. I can be fabulous and yet utterly shit, in equal measure. I left once, (not flounced, just sloped off quietly, with a cat's bum mouth on me) back in the early days, for similar reasons to you AEM, but I came back after about six months, and I'm not sure I'd let the nest of vipers element oust me again. There is too much good on here for that.

SaraBellumHertz Fri 04-Jan-13 05:35:26

Don't let others grind you down. I don't 'know' anyone here but you sound like you do and it'd be a pity to leave that behind for the same of a few people being twats.

I think there is a little truth in the idea that people who have spent too much time with their family are using this place to vent- I've seen some jaw droppingly snappy responses in the last few weeks and probably been stroppier than I might otherwise have been.

The NY always brings improvement (eventually!)

FellatioNelson Fri 04-Jan-13 05:41:52

Sorry I meant to say it can be fabulous or utterly shit. confused

Although I suppose I can be, too. grin

FellatioNelson Fri 04-Jan-13 05:42:24

it's that damned autocorrect. I am starting to really hate my new mac.

Maryz Fri 04-Jan-13 17:51:04

Oi, stop it.

<stamps foot>

If everyone goes/is banned/flounces/deregs what will I do?

I'll have to really talk to myself.

By mid-January it'll be all back to normal, it always is until July when the shit hits the fan again

Come oooooooon [hopeful]

FaffTastic Fri 04-Jan-13 17:54:33

Why not just hide the aibu section? hmm

Genuine question if that's the bit of MN that pisses you off and upsets you.

Fenton Mon 07-Jan-13 14:31:49

Bloody Hell - I'm just back from my Christmas break - what's with all the flouncing?

I hope you come back Mintyy.

And I can't BELIEVE I didn't get a mention in your Goodbyes

TrampyPants Mon 07-Jan-13 14:38:46

faff, because its leaked into the rest of mn.

Hullygully Mon 07-Jan-13 14:40:59

Isn't she back yet?

MINTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

TuftyFinch Mon 07-Jan-13 16:07:20

Is she behind the curtain?

FellatioNelson Tue 08-Jan-13 05:16:44

wot woz da fred wot started it?

Was it deleted? I want to see what finally tipped poor ol' Mintyy over the edge.

Jacksmania Tue 08-Jan-13 05:31:03

Am I being thick? What does The Disgrace To Scotland have to do with Mintyy going? Could someone explain?
sad

Mintyy, you'll have no clue who I am, but don't go.

FellatioNelson Tue 08-Jan-13 08:28:23

OK at the risk of making this a fred about a fred, my guess is that AEM said something funny thought-provoking/contemptuous about sliced white bread and got pounced on by a bunch of people in need some ketchup who chose to see it as a personal attack on the working classes, single mothers, people on benefits, and anyone who ever bought a Prawn Ring or a Sara Lee gateau.

Am I close?

Don't Goooooooooo..........<joins in lamely>

FellatioNelson Tue 08-Jan-13 08:34:10

Or maybe it was the other way around. confused Perhaps she was being bullied by Marie Antoinette types, clutching their artisan hand thrown foccaccias. confused

I wish I knew where Mintyy stood on Breadgate. Now I may never find out. sad

Maryz Tue 08-Jan-13 10:34:24

I'm presuming she's coming back.

I shall be most cross <folds arms> if she doesn't <hard stare>

<stamps feet>

<sulks>

I have no idea what tipped her, I tried to find a thread but couldn't confused.

And she didn't reply to my pm <sulks>

Anyone know her on Facebook willing to kick her up the arse for me ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now