Leaving/flouncing not worth crying over words on a screen

(257 Posts)
InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 21:59:05

Probably my own fault for over reacting but leaving because of some really offensive posters.

Just like to say good bye to my favourite posters and the ones who have been so lovely to me.

Sole source, sp, af, usual, worra, rubyfakenails, bridezilla, and many many many more. Even Scottish mummy who made me laugh all the time. Shcro your lovely to.

<hugs>

usualsuspect3 Mon 17-Dec-12 22:46:12

No need to follow her over to this thread is there,Panto?

VicarInaTutuDrankSantasSherry Mon 17-Dec-12 22:47:27

actually the thread is question baffles me - i see no need for brandy to have had a flaming. sometimes its like sheep on here.

brandy - dont go. just hide the sodding thread. ive been flamed before. tomorrow is another day - really try not to let it bother you. hide the stupid thread. (stupid cos its upset you not stupid cos you started it!)

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 22:47:32

Briancox if I come back I will take your advice and start hiding, I to have a shit list but need to spread sheet it grin wish I could hide certain posters....

Hassled Mon 17-Dec-12 22:49:09

It's never only words on a screen, though, is it? And actually reading "you're a twat and I disagree with everything you say" is worse than hearing it - because it's there, forever and you can keep seeing the words. And you know other people have seen them. It doesn't mean you shouldn't try to learn from the experience, and consider the other views - but it's never just words on a screen.

Brandybutter - I have no idea what's gone on or why you're upset, but don't burn your bridges while it's still feeling raw. Have a break, enjoy Christmas, lurk for a bit and see how you feel. Hope you're OK.

Pantofino Mon 17-Dec-12 22:49:19

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

usualsuspect3 Mon 17-Dec-12 22:49:40

I agree Vicar, It's like a bloody great pile in sometimes on here.

usualsuspect3 Mon 17-Dec-12 22:50:31

So just ignore her, Panto, or is it more fun to follow her around to stick the boot in?

PickledInAPearTree Mon 17-Dec-12 22:51:59

Have break and a think. I hope your not too upset over that thread, not worth it..

Keep your chin up x

BOFingSanta Mon 17-Dec-12 22:53:44

Take a break- it does you good from time to time anyway. I do it regularly. I managed three weeks once but it's usually only a day.

Pantofino Mon 17-Dec-12 22:55:27

I comment on lots of threads. This is a FLOUNCE ie attention seeking thread. I am not following the poster around the boards, thank you.

VicarInaTutuDrankSantasSherry Mon 17-Dec-12 22:55:57

blimey panto - im sure that sometimes i am completely disagreeable! other times im not.

dont judge on one thread. she has had a kicking which wasnt remotely deserved and wasnt on AIBU. seems harsh.

i dont remember names. i post on the merit of each thread. i could agree with you one day and not the next - thats life isnt it? why hold grudges? we are all different with different opinions on different topics. it doesnt mean we wouldnt get on in RL! i hate hunting - yet some of my friends are pro. some of my friends think the job i do is akin to getting into bed with the devil himself - we just agree to disagree.

Greensleeves Mon 17-Dec-12 22:56:01

Don't leave Brandy. Have a break if you want to, but don't feel you have o just because you posted this thread iyswim

I am feeling aggrieved tonight as well, but MN is like that sometimes. Tomorrow is another day!

Pizzaexpress2 Mon 17-Dec-12 22:56:03

Oh, don't feel you hav to go. MN is, after all entertainment.
I felt reAlly hurt earlier but it is actually o anonymous it can't be taken too literaly. No one on here really gets me but I bet we would hav a good laugh In The pub. Maybe not,probably jus misguided.
How about name changing?

Pantofino Mon 17-Dec-12 22:56:57

I haven't followed anything anywhere, though Usual, you seem to have hmm

VicarInaTutuDrankSantasSherry Mon 17-Dec-12 22:57:15

and there is a flounce board for a reason! so people can flounce! doh!

RogueEmployee Mon 17-Dec-12 23:00:03

Have a rest Brandy. We need more like you, fighting the good fight for common sense. grin

Don't leave me here alone.

Am going to check that thread out now.

Pantofino Mon 17-Dec-12 23:00:50

Vicar, I know YOU and respect you muchly. Have no clue if OP got a kicking on another thread as I have not seen it. I am ONLY commenting on this thread.

usualsuspect3 Mon 17-Dec-12 23:01:37

Nowt wrong with a good flounce now and again, Does you the world of good.

Don't de-reg though or you can't have your name back.

Pantofino Mon 17-Dec-12 23:03:00

And I actually started off posting positively - before the OP insulted me. If anyone would care to check.

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 23:04:34

Aw I am so touched people have commented and PMed me thank you didnt expect that. Yes was a flounce but also so people didn't wonder where I was when I disappeared. That's why there's a place on MN for it.

Will have a few days off and come back for the drunk thread Friday, thanks to everyone again for lovely words and pms am still crying but only because your all so nice. <ignoring panto>

I agree with words can hurt more as you read and take them in and every body sees

ChristmasNamechangeBridezilla Mon 17-Dec-12 23:04:58

I canny find the thread pet. Teachers you say?

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 23:05:22

Panto you did post on the thread. I would go cope and paste but I can't be arsed.

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 23:05:51

Chat bridezilla.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 17-Dec-12 23:08:14

See you in a couple of days, brandy smile

MerryLindor Mon 17-Dec-12 23:11:46

Just had a peek at the other thread, brandy and I have to say that I can't see any bullying. Just disagreement.

If almost everyone on a thread is disagreeing with you, then maybe you need to walk away from the computer and have a wee think about why that is.

Take a break and come back in a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now