Leaving/flouncing not worth crying over words on a screen

(257 Posts)
InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 21:59:05

Probably my own fault for over reacting but leaving because of some really offensive posters.

Just like to say good bye to my favourite posters and the ones who have been so lovely to me.

Sole source, sp, af, usual, worra, rubyfakenails, bridezilla, and many many many more. Even Scottish mummy who made me laugh all the time. Shcro your lovely to.

<hugs>

AnyaKnowIt Mon 17-Dec-12 22:00:49

Aww don't go sad

Offensive to you or in general, either way don't let the bastards get you down

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 22:04:31

Offensive to me, have had enough threads in chat if you want to read it, the whinge about the teacher one sad

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 22:04:57

Am actually crying, quite ridiculous over words on a screen.

BerryLellow Mon 17-Dec-12 22:06:09

Just turn off and see how you feel tomorrow.

TheFallenMadonna Mon 17-Dec-12 22:07:38

Hide the thread.

If you get something out of MN, then just hide the thread and post on other people's threads for a bit.

AnyaKnowIt Mon 17-Dec-12 22:08:11

Would it be worth having a little break?

Come back all afresh in the new year?

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 22:14:35

No something that was said to me was to offensive, can't bare to end up talking to said person under different ncs and such.

MN has gave me a lot, Vicks on the soles of your feet for one!

threesocksfullofchocs Mon 17-Dec-12 22:17:39

hope you are ok. no idea what has upset you. but don't let it get you down

VicarInaTutuDrankSantasSherry Mon 17-Dec-12 22:18:07

just hide the thread brandy and dont let it bother you.

Sparklingbrook Mon 17-Dec-12 22:19:05

sad Don't go.

AnyaKnowIt Mon 17-Dec-12 22:19:10

So don't interact with that poster. Just let it all go over your head smile

Come on dude, there are twats everywhere unfortunately

Just be glad and smug in the knowledge that you aren't a twat

TheFallenMadonna Mon 17-Dec-12 22:22:00

When I first posted on MN, somebody misrepresented something I said outrageously. She was a regular, popular, all over the place. I was slightly wary, but you realise after a while that most people don't carry things over from thread to thread. You can waste lots of time getting into bonkers arguments on here. Just hide the thread.

Pantofino Mon 17-Dec-12 22:27:42

You should NEVER flounce because people don't agree with you. One day, you could be that voice of reason that THAT poster needs. Everyone has different opinions. This is a good place to listen and learn too.

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 22:28:04

I really love you all, vicar and sparkling I usually like all your posts and thank you all for te kind words, might give it a break till after new year and see what I feel like then. Don't really want to go but very upse at myself that I'm so upset if that makes sense.

Read some of the thread Brandy. I can see why you are upset. Hide it now. Try to put it out of your head.

When I first joined I was accused of being immature, when infact I really wasnt being. Words on a page get read in many different ways. They wont always be taken the way they were meant.

Please dont go though.

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 22:29:27

It's not about people disagreeing with me, people disagree with me a lot on here. It's the vileness of it that has bothered me.

Sparklingbrook Mon 17-Dec-12 22:31:19

Have a Christmas break, then come back? It's easy to take it all to heart, but try not to. x

usualsuspect3 Mon 17-Dec-12 22:31:19

Take a few days break if you need to Brandy, I haven't read the thread so no idea whats gone on.

Just hide the thread and try not to let it get to you.

Pantofino Mon 17-Dec-12 22:35:16

People only tend to be horrible to you, if you have horrible opinions.

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 22:38:19

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Mon 17-Dec-12 22:42:08

Hide the thread, take a break and come back when you feel up to it.

I did the exact thing yesterday (hiding the thread) after defending an OP who had been totally flamed for no good reason (in my opinion).

It did get to me, words on a screen or not, but I now know that the hide button is my friend.

I also have a 'shit list' of posters to watch out for - not actually written down typed and laminated and although I never drag a grudge from one thread to another, I am just wary that I may not see eye to eye with that person and will normally stay away from their posts, they get automatically hidden for the sake of my blood pressure.

For me, MN is entertainment, fun, a place for advice. I am not the type of MNer who hangs around AIBU looking for a fight - I avoid the names that appear to do so.

It is really only words on a screen, but it doesn't stop it winding you up so I understand.

Oh and.....I hid your thread after a quick peek as I could see where it was going.

There are days when I skim down Active Convos and my hide button is on overdrive however, I see that as a service to the less popular threads that are then bumped to the top of my Active list grin

Pantofino Mon 17-Dec-12 22:44:24

I haven't read any of your other threads. My experience however is, if people are generally vile to you on MN, you need to namechange and think long and hard about your opinions.

InNeedOfBrandyButter Mon 17-Dec-12 22:45:45

You commented on my other thread panto...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now