I'm Jumping before I'm pushed.

(636 Posts)
usualsuspect Thu 30-Aug-12 20:49:54

See ya.

usualsuspectt you said you didn't know what came over you it is PMT (Posting Mumsnet Tension) it comes to us all the only cure is wine wine oh and did I mention wine

LemarchandsBox Fri 31-Aug-12 20:02:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hi all I have started the drunk thread hopefully usual will be along soon to take over smile

LineRunner Fri 31-Aug-12 19:45:04

Scoose has started the Drunk Thread just recently, in tribute. wine

Viviennemary Fri 31-Aug-12 19:43:52

Ouch they were painful things!

Cynner Fri 31-Aug-12 19:40:51

Bwahahaha...my fifth girl shall be Verucca...

BIWI Fri 31-Aug-12 19:39:02

Verruca?

Snort at nethuns not having usual that's a good point made there!

So who's doing the drunk thread tonight? I have wine for once

Cynner Fri 31-Aug-12 19:34:25

Errr...that was a bit dramatic...but it is Friday...Woot!

Cynner Fri 31-Aug-12 19:33:42

I have a Victoria and a Veronica...Hail to the V!

Viviennemary Fri 31-Aug-12 19:28:11

Oh wow. I love V names. Violet and Veronica. Valerie. Venetia.

Cynner Fri 31-Aug-12 19:22:30

VIVIENNEMARY! I love your name..if I get around to a third girl, that is what I'm naming her to match my other V names...

NewStartSameStory Fri 31-Aug-12 18:54:24

Nah it just means you can't be old <gavel>

Viviennemary Fri 31-Aug-12 18:49:24

Glad it wasn't just me that didn't get it. Help now I've offended somebody else!! (With the age thing) grin

NewStartSameStory Fri 31-Aug-12 18:41:22

Vivi - I hide it before OP appologised, it had less then 10 post. I didn't get the thread either. It was a poorly thought out op imo. But damm it woman it is not old age. I am not old ffs!

Viviennemary Fri 31-Aug-12 18:30:41

I just didn't get it. confused I expect it's just old age!

Maryz Fri 31-Aug-12 18:27:25

I think the opening post was a little odd, but if you read her later posts it made sense and seemed to me that it was a slightly back-fired attempt at black humour (and laughing a little bitterly at herself) rather than an attempt to offend or belittle anyone else.

And she apologised for any offence caused pretty much straight away, and explained her op.

So, no, I don't think the thread as a whole was offensive at all. Apart from the insults fired later on into it, both at the op and at usual.

Guys, sorry to tout my own thread, but I have a serious Cabbage Conundrum going here.

Viviennemary Fri 31-Aug-12 18:12:45

I found it very irritating indeed. And wondered whether it was tongue in cheek which is why I gave a tongue in cheek reply which was taken as being very bitchy. And taken at face value I'm afraid I did find it terribly annoying that somebody would think that going to McDonalds and Asda something for which there would be bucketloads of sympathy for.

Mintyy Fri 31-Aug-12 17:57:34

I'm not sure anyone has found the thread as a whole offensive though? It seems to me that way more people are defending Lila than having a go at her.

Some people did find the op - the actual opening post - offensive.

I found it not offensive, exactly, but very annoying.

Are we/they just plain wrong?

I guess you are saying we are.

Northernlurkerisonholiday Fri 31-Aug-12 17:52:59

I mean the other thread is not offensive - unless of course you find a distressed woman using black humour to cope with her massive life changes offensive. And if then, despite her apologies, you keep a firm grip on your sense of offence. I think that would say a lot more about you than her and I'm sure nobody on this site means to be like that - so I repeat - the other thread is NOT offensive.

Mintyy Fri 31-Aug-12 17:42:05

Northernlurker
What do you mean by the other thread is not offensive?

Do you mean the op of the other thread is not offensive in your opinion?

Or something else?

Northernlurkerisonholiday Fri 31-Aug-12 17:40:28

The other thread is NOT offensive.

PippasArse Fri 31-Aug-12 17:38:19

ARSE not ARE grrrrrr

PippasArse Fri 31-Aug-12 17:36:09

I'M pippa middletons are not some cindy/barbie crappy plastic doll <humph>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now