toodle-pip my lovelies

(33 Posts)
LissieLovettsDeliciousMeatPies Fri 21-Oct-11 08:58:52

au revoir. see ya, goodbye.

its been a great 5 years, and I have learnt so much from you all. but I'm afraid I'm done.

Thank you for all the support and advice and I shall always be grateful for the friendships I've made here. just asking to be blocked for a while so I dont feel like such a fanny if I come slinking back, but tbh, I doubt I will. Im on FB!

love you all xxx (and special love to the hutters, hope your dreams come true and you all eventually graduate. in the meantime have some gin and tea)

MurderBloodstabsandgore Fri 21-Oct-11 09:01:11

how do you leave? shock how?

<waves>

<raises brew>

LissieLovettsDeliciousMeatPies Fri 21-Oct-11 09:09:45

Im getting MNHQ to block me (help my willpower)

ShowOfHands Fri 21-Oct-11 09:11:28

Get the fuck back here now young lady.

I did not authorise this and shan't accept it.

Oh, Lissie, I never thought I'd see the day!!

Much love and good luck on all your travels.
I hope life will treat you well.

(what pushed you over the edge, flouncy-wise?<<mosey>>)

Oh FFS 'nosey'

iMemoo Fri 21-Oct-11 09:13:51

sad

LissieLovettsDeliciousMeatPies Fri 21-Oct-11 09:14:49

its a thread in AIBU about SIF not being as upsetting about PIF. its tainted the advice and support Ive given and received over the years and made me question the relationships Ive built up on the TTC boards and how people see my posts on the subject.

Im done. I was upset about it 2 days ago, and its still reduced me to tears this morning.

LeBOOOf Fri 21-Oct-11 09:16:29

Oh dear, Lissie. I'm sorry you are so upset sad

Oh Lissie. sad

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Fri 21-Oct-11 09:17:45

I don't understand what the AIBU thread is but I am sad that you are upset about it sad.

ShowOfHands Fri 21-Oct-11 09:18:54

I think I saw that thread. Lots and lots of the responses were very supportive of those experiencing SIF iirc. It was one person, one aibu thread and lots of responses that completely understood.

BUT I get it. Sometimes it does just take that one thread doesn't it. If you really must go- and I am not at all happy about it- then please know that I never for a second agreed with the sentiment in that thread and neither do the majority.

You are very loved on here. I hope you know that.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 21-Oct-11 09:19:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fo0ffyShmooffer Fri 21-Oct-11 09:23:55

Lissie, I read that thread and I'm not surprised to see this. So sorry you feel the need to leave, really hope it's not a forever flounce. I understand why you feel the need. Just don't do yourself out of any needed support. People will be thrilled to see you back. smile

sad

Oh my, I saw that thread and stayed well out of it...
Sorry it upset you so much.

lostinwales Fri 21-Oct-11 09:26:50

Sorry you've been made to feel so awful and sad to see you go. sad

Lissie my love - I totally understand and am very very sad that you feel you have to do this. I do hope you choose to come back - will miss you horribly. I have also decided to leave the Hut off the back of that highly destructive thread - it was so painful to read. We're all hurting, some more than others, but all hurting for effectively the same reason - we should all be supporting each other, not competing over who has it worst. sad

I really really hope to see you on here again in not too long. Lots of love xxx

LissieLovettsDeliciousMeatPies Fri 21-Oct-11 09:31:21

oh, thank you all. I shall miss you all hugely and see most of you on FB.

ps, am just running down time till Im blocked grin

I love MN and whenever I see or hear it being slated I defend it viciously. you are all wonderful women and I have "met" some truly inspiring women on here, as well as RL friends.

mwah

Lizzylou Fri 21-Oct-11 09:33:10

That is such a shame, I'm sorry that you are so upset.
Take care.

ElectricSoftParade Fri 21-Oct-11 10:04:31

Sorry Lissie, take care x

ShirleyKnot Fri 21-Oct-11 10:06:10

sad Oh no Lissie.

So so sorry to see you go, but I completely understand.

herbietea Fri 21-Oct-11 10:08:12

Message withdrawn

PinotScreechio Fri 21-Oct-11 10:35:53

Lissie I will miss you.

It is MN's loss.

xx sad xx

Ariesgirl Fri 21-Oct-11 10:43:18

Lissie sad I know you and I didn't know each other particularly but this is very sad and I'm very sorry this has happened. That thread made me cry my eyes out as well, for different reasons to you, but it shows how all-encompassing and horrible it was. I certainly understand you wanting to leave after that little lot.

All the best in the future.
x

FearTricksPotter Fri 21-Oct-11 10:54:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now