Not properly flouncing, just 'on a break'

(2 Posts)
GypsyMoth Thu 20-Oct-11 14:01:09

Bye! Take care

becstarsky Thu 20-Oct-11 13:56:30

I just need to post this to harden my resolve to take a break or I'll be sneaking back... None of you will remotely notice my absence, it's more me telling myself than telling you iykwim...

I've got a project due in December and I need to work flat out to get it done in time. I've just realised that if I use MN I'll slip even further off schedule. I have done NO work today! Nothing! I've eaten lunch, made coffee, answered a couple of phonecalls and e-mails and looked at MN. I wish I could just be the kind of sensible person who looks at MN on breaks, but I have crap self-control and very short workdays (school run). Also because I work at home alone I am so very tempted to stop and chat here. I've been in this situation before and taking a total break from MN for a few months did help me to get back on track. So I'm going cold turkey, until Christmas hols I think. (Nearly made a Christmas/turkey joke ... so unbelievably lame...)

It's only a short break and you won't notice I'm gone, but still I will miss you all. Thanks so much for all who have made me laugh and given me brilliant advice - see you again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now