ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Goodbye to Mumsnet

(119 Posts)
dittany Thu 15-Sep-11 13:11:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

baskingseals Sun 09-Oct-11 13:59:45

Dittany

you are probably the most inspirational person i have ever not met.

your words stick in my mind and have changed the way i think.

stay free

GothAnneGeddes Mon 19-Sep-11 02:11:31

Boooo! Just Boo! A real, real shame, but I wish you well.

MarshaBrady Sat 17-Sep-11 17:33:40

Dittany I really hope a break is a good one. And that you feel you can come back. Your insight is valuable.

ChippingIn Sat 17-Sep-11 17:32:16

Dittany - I hope you can now read these posts and can see how much you'll be missed by a wide variety of people!

It's a shame the trolling/MNers who just see a name and react have spoilt MN for you. As you can see a lot of people got a lot from your posts. It's a shame that you perhaphs didn't get the support you needed, when you needed it?!

I don't agree with much of what you say, but I defend your right to say it without being 'picked on'.

I hope you will come back - MN is losing far too many 'good posters'.

Only just seen this. I wish you weren't going Dittany.

I remember being on this board when I first joined and thinking you were extreme and that I couldn't agree with anything you said. Now I only see the sense in what you right and I couldn't agree more. You, along with many other regulars on the feminist section, have helped clarify for me what I want for myself, my daughter and women everywhere and that there's nothing extreme about wanting to be treated with equality and respect.

You'll be missed. I truly mean that.

neepsntatties Sat 17-Sep-11 17:20:37

Gutted to find out you have left. I only recently engaged with feminism and your posts have been a key part of that process. You also helped me with a personal issue in a way that was life changing and I can't thank you enough for that.

noncuro Sat 17-Sep-11 00:29:04

I really enjoyed your posts dittany. They always challenged my way of thinking. I hope the troll situation gets sorted out, but more importantly, I wish you good luck away from MN.

petisa Fri 16-Sep-11 21:09:51

Don't go we need you! Wish you all the best though.

SheCutOffTheirTails Fri 16-Sep-11 19:49:00

Goodbye dittany, I can't imagine that you would do this lightly, so I'm taking you at your word.

sad

I'm terribly, terribly sad to hear that you're going.

You are out and out my favourite poster on MN and have been for years. I almost always agree with you, and when I don't I often change my opinion based on your arguments.

Best of luck wherever you end up, they are lucky to have you.

MN will be very much the poorer for your loss sad

Prolesworth Fri 16-Sep-11 18:42:51

Message withdrawn

msrisotto Fri 16-Sep-11 17:19:35

Oh fuck it. sad

Come back after a namechange. I demands it.

NormaStanleyFletcher Fri 16-Sep-11 15:12:04

Like others, I hope that this will be a break rather than a final goodbye. Your support in the relationships threads and thought provoking posts in the feminism threads will be sorely missed.

madhairday Fri 16-Sep-11 15:04:09

I'm sad you're going, dittany. We've had a couple of fiery and stimulating discussions and I have a lot of admiration for you.

EllieG Fri 16-Sep-11 13:21:32

Oh. That's a bit sad, I really learned a lot from dittany's posts. Hope all OK and thanks to you.

Lio Fri 16-Sep-11 13:18:14

In case you're still checking in Dittany, thank you so much. I know I only post once in a blue moon, but I read A LOT and your posts have been formative in enabling me to speak up in RL when sexist crap is spoken in my hearing.

sunshineandbooks Fri 16-Sep-11 09:57:22

sad You will be very much missed dittany. Your posts here have often been challenging but never less than inspirational and I have learned a lot from you. I wish you well in the future.

Portofino Fri 16-Sep-11 08:19:36

I too will miss you, Dittany. We haven't always seen eye to eye and have many run ins over the years. But when I finally engaged my brain and listened to what you were saying, well I have to say that it has completely changed my attitude. I have learnt a lot from you - thank you!

Pigglesworth Fri 16-Sep-11 00:51:02

Dittany, you posted advice for me once when I was using a name change - your advice was surprising and thought-provoking, encouraging me to view my situation in a different/ confronting light - but ultimately I think you were right. Your support then was greatly valued.

You have played an important role in "raising people's consciousness", even though you sometimes provoke others' ire/ contempt in taking your hardline stance. I think you should do whatever is best for you. Thank you so much for your advice in the past and for offering what is often a very different, but valid, perspective - and all the best.

The thread in Feminism that Pan mentioned is here.

flippinada Thu 15-Sep-11 21:46:33

I'm really sorry you're going Dittany - you will be missed and I hope you will come back.

MHQuestion Thu 15-Sep-11 21:45:21

MamaChocoholic said exactly what I wanted to say. Your posts have helped me enormously Dittany, thank you xx

Hassled Thu 15-Sep-11 21:44:45

What MamaChocolic said. For every poster you think you're responding to, there are a ton of us reading and thinking and learning. Please don't let the fuckers get you down.

And thank you - thank you for teaching me a lot, and challenging me, and making me think and making me talk about feminism properly with my DD and my sons. You've been very important to MN.

MrsChemist Thu 15-Sep-11 21:43:41

Sorry you're going Dittany sad

I'll miss reading your posts and going from, "what? that's ridiculous," to "oh wow, she's totally right."

Pan Thu 15-Sep-11 21:29:33

Can I direct posters to another thread in the FS regarding dittany's departure?

I am shit at linkies.

ta.

LurcioLovesFrankie Thu 15-Sep-11 21:21:18

Another lurker on the feminist section here. I am so sorry to see you go. You have made me rethink so many things, and though I don't always agree, I always find your arguments challenge my preconceptions in ways that really enrich how I think about feminism.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now