So long

(54 Posts)
FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 09-Sep-11 22:09:38

and thanks for all the years of fun xx

WidowWadman Wed 14-Sep-11 01:15:57

Thanks for reading and replying. :-)

I'm glad it wasn't me who drove you away, but in this context I can understand how awful my comments must have looked to you and others.

FanjoForTheMammaries Wed 14-Sep-11 00:36:02

Well, thanks Widow smile

You didn't actually drive me away, I actually just felt you were in a bitchy mood on the thread and laying into me a bit heavily, but it happens.

It was the other stirring type, whom I believe to be trolls, who leapt in and seized the chance to gloat and say I 'make everything about SN' that did it, happens to me whenever I mention my DD and have had enough.

I believe there are quite a few posters around at the moment who just want to cause trouble. And I don't mean you.

So MN is no longer enjoyable to me, and often quite upsetting.

WidowWadman Tue 13-Sep-11 21:31:33

Thanks

2shoes Tue 13-Sep-11 21:29:47

oh I was talking to richtea, I have pointed your post out to fanjo, so hopefully she will see it.

WidowWadman Tue 13-Sep-11 21:29:00

I hope that didn't read wrong now - didn't mean to piss you off either.

WidowWadman Tue 13-Sep-11 21:27:43

Erm - the apology was meant for Fanjo, it's her thread, isn't it? (No offence intended)

2shoes Tue 13-Sep-11 21:25:56

ahem, I went on a break for a couple of days, <<<dunks richtea in her coffee>>>> it was either that or ignore my terrible child

WidowWadman Tue 13-Sep-11 21:04:55

I just wanted to say 'sorry' again. My choice of words was really stupid and I think I haven't come across very well. It wasn't meant that way, and I really really don't look down on you or anyone else who is in your situation. Heck, it always could happen to me too.

I'm not saying, "but I didn't mean you" - I'm trying to say "I didn't mean to say that". I can't unsay what I've said. Even if I didn't mean what you think I've said. I was thinking I was arguing something completely different to you, but that doesn't make it any better.

Anyway, if me being stupid is the reason for you to leave a community which is clearly very important to you and to which you are obviously very important that's wrong.

I've never knowingly read your username before that argument, so I can assure you it wasn't targeted. I read and post one or the other forum to waste some time, but it's not personal. But I should have stopped and thought about that it's not like that for everyone

Don't know whether you're still reading this thread or not, but I hope you do. And if not I'd be grateful if one of your friends could pass on my words.

I've been an idiot. But my idiocy is not worth driving you away.

Peachy Mon 12-Sep-11 14:04:27

Sensible approach i think, if you feel upset but don't want to cut yourself off. ilve done it many times (but crap at flounces, only done it once). Doesn;t count as a flounce anyway becuase she didn't say anything we did.

<<2shoes is my friend defensive emoticon>>

2 shoes is on a constant break. She does flounce a lot grin

So sad that they all feel driven away from here due to some ignorant posters.

madwomanintheattic Mon 12-Sep-11 00:56:14

sad

LilRedWG Sun 11-Sep-11 21:34:06

sad

Peachy Sun 11-Sep-11 21:06:16

So far we have lost fanjo, Glitterknickaz, Bonkerz and 2shoes is on a break.

Sad days.

ledkr Sun 11-Sep-11 20:04:23

Is this cos of that thread today re sn parents? Disgusting,sn parents need mn more than any of us,what a f'ing pity.

Mouseface Sun 11-Sep-11 19:47:54

I've just heard the news. I'll miss you so much on here sweets.

Luckily, I have the honour to 'know' you in real life so will be able to keep in touch. I totally understand why you feel the time is right to go.

MN has changed an awful lot in the last 18 months, not for the better I might add.

Be strong and stay you!

Chat soon xxxx

Peachy Sun 11-Sep-11 11:26:52

Three yesterday alone. That I know of. Most just vanish quietly.

Peachy Sun 11-Sep-11 11:25:16

Tghere's threads in sitestuff thate xplain it.

And bye Fanjo though I know you wont' see it. She defintely has not namechanged.

Bye fanjo sad

Mn just seems to be imploding.

Fanjo, missed the latest bile but wanted to say you'll be missed not only for your fantastic informative posts but also because I wanted to hear how your lovely dd was getting on.
Take care x

happymole Sun 11-Sep-11 08:19:28

I've just re-read the thread that has caused Fanjo to flounce, I really don't blame her, but wish she wouldn't. Some of the posters there were really fucking offensive.

Comments like this;

Add message | Report | Message poster BunnyWunny Fri 09-Sep-11 17:52:53
un-special-needsy LOL! That will get them all going- most people who most on mumsnet seem to have kids with special needs!

What chance do we have?

The SN board has taught me so much through dd's dx, so sad to lose another sad

Disclaimer: I know bad form to bring stuff from other threads, rah, rah, rah. This is relevant. Plus I'm very fucking angry angry

hazeyjane Sun 11-Sep-11 06:45:18

I hope you change your mind, Fanjo.

It saddens me that more and more on Mumsnet, when someone posts on a thread and mentions that their child has SN, certain posters arrive to roll eyes.

Since finding out ds has SN, I have found so much support on MN, I hope that the ignorance of a few doesn't drive away any more of the people who have provided that support.

Thumbwitch Sun 11-Sep-11 05:38:36

Ursula, I know - I didn't realise AnyFuleKno has gone, waaahhh! I liked her, and NotNowBernard. sad sad

UrsulaBuffayHere2Help Sun 11-Sep-11 04:58:23

I've only just looked in this section, and now I realise how many posters have left the last 9 months or so that I would 'recognise' as MN. No wonder MN has changed so much! Sad.

Thumbwitch Sun 11-Sep-11 04:24:32

Am so sad that you've gone, Fanjo and that you've been driven off by anti-SN fuckers. angry
Hope you have other places you can go for mutual support.
x

Jux Sun 11-Sep-11 01:48:08

That thread was horrible, and not a glimmer of an apology either. Fanjo, you've been around MN for about as long as I can remember, though I don't think we have exchanged posts. I don't blame you for giving up in disgust, but I wish you wouldn't. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now