Rehoming fish

(3 Posts)
SnipSnapCrashCrack Thu 18-Aug-16 16:21:25

Last year I acquired 2 goldfish, one black Moore and one fantail. They have been living in a 100 litre tank and cleaned out fully once a month and seem to be very happy.
I have recently torn my rotator cuff again which makes cleaning the tank a pita as the bathroom where we empty the water is 2 rooms away from the fish tank and I have to rely on my partner with his own health problems to carry buckets of dirty water to the tank. (Filling it's easy, we use a hose)
We also have the problem in that we really don't have room for the fish as we started out with a tiny tank and didn't realise that we would need a big one.
We have decided we need to rehome the fish but I really want them to go to a good home and not get put in a tiny tank when they are used to having lots of room to swim. How do I go about rehome get them? The goldfish is too small for a pond and the black Moore is not suited to a pond and is tiny still (2.5inches at 1.5 years old.)
What do I do?
I have put them on a Facebook page stating they need to go to someone with Atleast a 60 litre tank.
I have put the tank up for sale too and have said I would prefer the fish to go with it.
No one I know wants them and I'm running out of ideas sad

SnipSnapCrashCrack Thu 18-Aug-16 16:21:45

120litre tank*

SnipSnapCrashCrack Thu 18-Aug-16 16:22:37

Sorry about the typos, the iPad hates me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now