Tetra Pond Holiday food - help!

(4 Posts)
juneau Fri 07-Aug-15 17:23:21

I bought one of these containers of food today to feed our fish while we're on holiday. It looks like cat food! But okay, hopefully they'll like it. Do I put it in the pond in its foil tin though, or do I push it out of the foil tin and just put the food itself in the pond? In the foil thing it floats hmm

Confused. I've used the hard, white block before, which just sat on the ledge and didn't float ...

TreeSparrow Fri 07-Aug-15 19:25:54

I wouldn't recommend any holiday feeders at all. They just pollute the water and often do more harm than good. How long are you away for? If it's only a week or two your pond fish will be fine without food and the water quality will be better for it.

juneau Fri 07-Aug-15 20:48:19

Its just a week, but they're really hungry at the moment. Are you sure they'll be alright without anything?

TreeSparrow Sat 08-Aug-15 11:35:14

Yes. Ponds are exposed to all manners of wildlife. Fish can live a week easily without food but yours will supplement their hunger with bugs and other things. Honestly, they will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now