Mystery fish

(4 Posts)

I have just picked two mystery fish from a gumtree person who inherited a tank when he moved into a new rental.

So who are these guys (pretty white gourami/betta looking things) -picture on my profile?

They have joined in quite happily in my tank with a common pleco and some tetra and they seem like a happy couple.

EauRouge Sat 13-Apr-13 20:50:32

I love 'name that fish' grin You've got a couple of mollys, one sailfin and one regular. It's a bit hard to tell from the photo but the sailfin (the one with the big dorsal fin) looks like he might be a male.

Oh of course they are! I've kept black shortfin mollies before - I should definitely have known that.

They are happily cavorting away with themselves and their reflections and seem to have settled in okay so far - here's hoping I've got a male and a female for some mini mollies soon smile

Thanks so much EauRouge

Ullena Sat 18-May-13 23:57:13

You have a pair: a male and a female. Both are silver coloured sailfin mollies. Female has the rounded fin under her belly, male has a rod shaped fin. She will be pregnant already, if past experience is anything to go by!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now