bent spine

(8 Posts)
OnceUponAThyme Tue 12-Mar-13 10:16:52

wonky, as he is now called, is still alive and seems healthy. I think he has changed shape towards normal a little, but still bent. maybe I'll have a wonky fish forever grin

OnceUponAThyme Sat 09-Mar-13 19:27:25

I'll get some tomorrow when I'm out, thank you for your advice. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes smile

EauRouge Sat 09-Mar-13 19:08:28

Aw, call him a fish ambulance grin You could add some melafix, that should help him heal up. Not sure on the spine, I think you'll just have to watch him for now and see how he gets on. Just check he is swimming, eating and pooping OK.

OnceUponAThyme Sat 09-Mar-13 18:25:31

I can see damaged/missing scales along the belly and some on the back. all fins appear to be intact though. is there anything I can do to help healing? my dd (4) wants to take him to a fish hospital to get fixed grin

EauRouge Sat 09-Mar-13 16:46:50

Not likely to be stress, could be physical injury if he was stuck. He would likely have damaged scales in this case, can you see any?

OnceUponAThyme Sat 09-Mar-13 16:44:41

hunchbacked, stomach looks normal and he has no odd spots or darkenings. could it be caused by stress of getting stuck? hope he's okay.

EauRouge Sat 09-Mar-13 15:01:22

I'd keep an eye on him and see how he goes. Which way is it bent? Does it look kind of hunchback-y? Is his stomach concave?

OnceUponAThyme Sat 09-Mar-13 11:02:54

hello, I have some cloud minnows and while watching them last night, noticed one was missing. after much searching around, I spotted him wedged into a tiny crack of an ornament. I assumed he was dead, so fetched the net. when I came back, he was free and swimming with the rest.
he now has a bent spine, but still good colour and he ate when they were fed. still swimming strongly, but nearer the bottom.
so my question is will he somehow be okay? is it possible he'll return to normal shape or be healthy?
the offending castle has been removed now to stop any more fatalistic fish attempting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now