This is so addictive

(7 Posts)
EauRouge Tue 05-Feb-13 12:43:08

A 5 footer! envy I would love a tank that big. I'd do it Takashi Amano style and have a massive shoal of something small and colourful.

WireCatWhore Tue 05-Feb-13 12:09:50

We will be moving this year so I am resisting getting a bigger tank till I move.
The houses I'm looking at will need to fit in a 5 foot fish tank. At least.

ISawMamaPizzaKissingSantaClaus Thu 31-Jan-13 21:42:02

Excuse the bad grammar, about to fall asleep blush

ISawMamaPizzaKissingSantaClaus Thu 31-Jan-13 21:41:33

Go for it! DS is totally into fish he loves them to bits. The first tiny tank we got for his 2nd birthday so now he is growing up with the hobby.

For Christmas he got his own musk turtle tank, they are the best so far. Hilarious! Honestly, they are just bonkers grin Your kids would love them.

I love watching the dwarf puffers on YouTube. They're so lovely.

I've been making plans to turn the kids' room into an aquarium room. DD is 18 months. Not long to go! grin

ISawMamaPizzaKissingSantaClaus Thu 31-Jan-13 16:53:56

You have MTS - Multiple Tank Syndrome! A rapidly progressing disease! grin

Perfectly normal, I started with a tiny tank 18 months ago, went up to 12 by autumn last year and I have now 'downsized' to 9 which are staying. Number 10 is in the planning though wink

p.s.: I got dwarf puffers and they are super cute and so inquisitive. Full of personality, go for it.

So DH decided last year that he'd like an aquarium for Christmas. I was excited, I've always wanted tropical fish, so we started researching. I wanted to make sure we had a decent tank for the fish and that the conditions would be right.

Bought him a lovely aquarium for Christmas. It's heavily planted, and we have neon tetras, platys, and neon rainbows. Lovely.

The fish DH really wanted was a betta fish, but after tons of research, we realised how difficult it is to house them in a community tank. DH agreed we needed a separate tank for the betta. Special offer + weakness = second tank!

The second tank is now planted and going through fishless cycling in preparation for our betta.

Yesterday, we were due to pick up some shrimp. We already have a couple in our main tank, and we both love them. Then DH notices that some of our newest fish have Ich! Panic, we need to treat them immediately... But treatment for Ich doesn't affect shrimp too well. So we did more research yesterday. We agreed to get a tank to keep the shrimp in until we have finished treating the main tank.

Except instead of getting a cheap tank, we got a bigger, nicer tank, and now we have a shrimp tank!

We're going to be living underwater soon, I want to get a tank of dwarf puffers too!

Please tell me I'm not the only sad act eyeing up the TV and thinking that it's taking up valuable aquarium space!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now