My fish have had babies! Help!

(5 Posts)
chicaguapa Thu 10-Jan-13 21:30:19

I was going to do a water change as it's long overdue but I've spotted some fry. Loads of them in fact. And they're so tiny!! I only have 3 White Cloud Minnows and have had them a while so no idea why they've started to breed now.

I really want to change the water now, but daren't in case I suck any up. Plus I need to know what to feed them.

Any advice please? Thanks.

Grumpla Thu 10-Jan-13 21:31:52

Oh it's not fair! I want my minnows to have babies envyenvyenvy

Java moss is good for fry to hide out in. What else is in the tank?

chicaguapa Thu 10-Jan-13 21:36:22

I have a 30l biorb with a grassy type thing round the bubble tube and two big plants. All silk, nothing real. They were in DS's tank (much smaller) but then mine died so I moved the Minnows in mine. They must have like the thing in the middle. This

EauRouge Fri 11-Jan-13 08:21:28

How exciting grin You can (and should) still change the water. I used to just put an old bit of tights over the end of the syphon tube when I was cleaning out fry tanks, that way you'll get out the water but not the fry.

chicaguapa Fri 11-Jan-13 18:59:12

Ok. Lovely, yes I'll do that. Going to the pet shop tomorrow to buy fry food. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now