New fish!

(4 Posts)

I've got 8 lovely little cherry barbs in my 60 litre- finally some fish! grin

I was very impressed with the shop I got them from, they weren't keen on selling me 8 fish for a new tank. I had to explain a lot about the fishless cycle I'd done and all the water test results before they grudgingly let me have 8. Why can't all aquatic stores be like that?

They also had signs on the tanks smaller than 60 litres (which there weren't many of) saying that they were too small for goldfish. I nearly cried with happiness grin Well done, Notcutts.

The cherry barbs are already flirting like crazy, randy buggers.

TwoFacedCows Fri 14-Dec-12 17:42:00

aww! enjoy your fish! how great they you have such a good aquatics near you!

Aspiemum2 Mon 17-Dec-12 20:07:31

Great choice, lively enough to be interesting but peaceful enough to mix in a community tank. I love mine - the male colourings are lovely grin

They were DD1's choice, she wanted something pink hmm grin I wanted minnows so I wouldn't have to bother with a heater, then in a moment of weakness I asked DD1 what sort of fish she wanted. They are lovely fish though, the males are really scrapping over the females. I've got 3 males and 5 females so a good mix.

No plans for any more fish but I'm thinking about shrimp and I need to get a couple of nerites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now