Rehoming outdoor goldfish - help!!

(4 Posts)
Yamyoid Mon 12-Nov-12 12:08:05

We inherited some large goldfish in a small pond when we bought our house. We have never wanted them but have always fed them. I have always felt bad about them, it can't be good in there. Recently 2 died and now I really want to get the others out. After the experience of fishing the dead ones out, I'm having cold sweats over the survivors. The RSPCA say it's the pet owners' responsibility to rehome unwanted pets but I don't know where they can go. No one wants them. Any advice appreciated.

NatashaBee Mon 12-Nov-12 12:13:10

Classified ads section on a fish forum? Or do you have one of those local selling groups for your area on Facebook? Put an ad up in your local shop/ garden centre/ pet shop/ vets?

EauRouge Mon 12-Nov-12 16:26:30

Yes to all of the above. Also try the local council to see if there are any ponds in parks or public spaces that might be suitable for goldfish. Well done for bothering to do something about it and not just flushing them some people would.

Marne Sat 17-Nov-12 19:13:57

You could also try places like the national trust? alot of their properties have ponds so they might take them. Some people pay a lot of money for large fish so i would advertise them first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now