Just bought my 5th tank

(4 Posts)
Marne Tue 23-Oct-12 14:14:48

For the huge sum of...........................................£2 from the tip grin, only a small tank (maye 50ltr) so will house some fry if i get over run (which i'm getting close too), not sure where i will put it though ut will make a space somewhere and get it cycling ASAP.

EauRouge Tue 23-Oct-12 14:30:05

What a bargain! I'll have to check my local tip when I do my newt tank in a year or so.

If you need to make more space can you get one of the DCs to sleep in the garage? grin

Marne Tue 23-Oct-12 15:47:50

Tank is in fab condition, no lid though but i can find something to cover it and fit my own light, i will have room if i chuck some of dh's rubbish out grin. Going to work out how many ltrs it is (as its a odd shape like my other tank), hopfully it will be big enough to house my molly fry (have been fishing them out the tank sinse yesterday and so far i have 15), they will have to go in my guppy fry tank until the new tank is cycled.

I love the tip, i check every week for tanks and they often have one or 2 there each time i go.

EauRouge Tue 23-Oct-12 15:54:20

I had a couple of those Arcadia arc pod lights, they are great for little tanks. Then all you'd need would be a condensation cover and you could just cut a bit of glass or plexi to fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now