Just bought some corys, thought they were ment to live at the bottom and not do a lot?

(9 Posts)
Marne Sun 21-Oct-12 17:49:53

Hi, today i added 3 albino corys to my tank, they are in my 75ltr with 3 danios, 2 guppies and a female fighter fish. I put them in a few hours ago, at first they hid and now they are going crazy, chasing their reflections in the glass, dashing around the tank, none of the other fish seem to be bothering them (they have all said hello and are now ignoring them).

I thought they would stay near the bottom of the tank and i didn't realise they would be this active (exciting watching them though). Are they ment to be this active or is something stressing them out?

EauRouge Sun 21-Oct-12 18:36:11

Corys are very active, playful fish- if you have a proper shoal size (6+) then you'll see some amazing behaviour. They can be skittish when they are first introduced and they do settle down a bit but they aren't ones to sit around and do nothing grin

Marne Sun 21-Oct-12 18:50:39

Thank you Eau, they are great fun, have just fed them and they fed off the bottom and then returned to playing. Can i fit 6 in a 75ltr with 3 danios and female betta? (the 2 guppies will be moving to my bigger tank).

EauRouge Sun 21-Oct-12 19:04:49

What are the dimensions of the tank? I had some in a 60 litre (2ft) temporarily and it wasn't big enough for them. Some danios also need more space, what sort have you got?

Marne Sun 21-Oct-12 19:11:40

Its a odd shape tank (corners missing off the front, not sure what shale you call it) grin, i'm not sure of the exact size.

They are Zebra Danios.

Marne Sun 21-Oct-12 19:19:29

Have put a picture of the tank on my profile (to show the shape),photo was taken a while ago though (before it was set up with sand), it was my £3 bargain from the tip grin.

EauRouge Sun 21-Oct-12 19:44:39

Oh I see what you mean. It should be fine for another trio of corys and the danios should be OK too.

EauRouge Sun 21-Oct-12 19:44:59

Your dog is so cute btw grin

Marne Sun 21-Oct-12 19:47:02

Thank you, i will get 3 more next weekend.

My dog is cute but she's very crazy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now