aquatlantic filter not working!

(3 Posts)
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Wed 29-Aug-12 00:09:04

I have just got a new (to me) aquatlantic 150L tank. does anyone have one of these tanks? it has a built in filtration system, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

does anyone have one of these tanks? are you able to tell me how to set it up and how it should look/act when working? I think it is from the ambiance range.

EauRouge Wed 29-Aug-12 08:33:22

What do you mean by it's not working, is there any flow at all? Is the motor running? You could check the impeller to see if it's stuck, the instructions should tell you how to clean it.

If it's working properly then you should hear a hum from the motor and feel or see water flow from the outlet (should be near the top somewhere).

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Wed 29-Aug-12 11:20:55

there is a pipe coming out of the top of the filter and it is trickling a tiny bit of water out of the top. unfortunately I didn't get any instructions with it.

I have put my old filters in there for now and will try and have a fiddle when i do a water change. thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now