I don't actually have a fish, but just had to post on fishnet

(52 Posts)
MmeLindt Wed 08-Sep-10 15:27:22

Tres drôle, MNHQ

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 09-Sep-10 14:24:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShirleyKnot Thu 09-Sep-10 14:31:15

I have forgotten almost all of it. (it has long since been replaced by Nancy Friday's booksofsmut)

lamplighter Thu 09-Sep-10 14:33:09

Not much activity in my aquarium. Bit boring really.

ShirleyKnot Thu 09-Sep-10 15:43:02

My aquarium is just full on mental stuff. I have got BILLIONS of starfish.

EauRouge Thu 09-Sep-10 16:02:26

I have fish and now a whole forum to bore with my geekiness about fish grin I can clear a room in seconds.

lamplighter Thu 09-Sep-10 16:08:48

EauRouge

My tinned salmon is not feeding. What could be the problem?

EauRouge Thu 09-Sep-10 17:54:57

Tinned salmon will only eat cats. This is due to the way tinned salmon hunt in the wild. It can be very difficult to replicate in the aquarium but if you dangle a moggy over the tank then it should come up to feed. If you have more than one tin of salmon then you could add a tin opener to the tank and they might breed! HTH.

Eleison Thu 09-Sep-10 17:57:26

grin
Eau Rouge, if you have tinned tuna that doesn't say 'dolphin friendly' on the label, do you have to keep your dolphins in a separate tank?

spamm Thu 09-Sep-10 18:00:30

OMG - DS is begging for some fish, but dh and I both killed were unsuccessful with so many in our time as kids that we are holding out. Now I may have a reason to give in! Fishnet- YAY.

EauRouge Thu 09-Sep-10 18:01:53

Yes, you should definitely keep your dolphins in a separate tank- they could choke on the tins! shock Dolphin friendly tuna is in a different shaped can which is easier for the dolphins to swallow and digest.

Eleison Thu 09-Sep-10 18:06:39

OMG I didn't know that!shock

But then I didn't even know that tuna in sunflower could crossbreed with tuna in springwater -- and now we have loads of little individual portions that we are trying to offload on friends.blush

Eleison Thu 09-Sep-10 18:07:23

Now I bet I will be flamedsad

lamplighter Thu 09-Sep-10 19:27:58

Eaurouge

My killer whale has stranded himself out of the pond and on to the lawn.

Should I mow around him?

[wetting towels as I type]

EauRouge Thu 09-Sep-10 20:35:58

Eleison, I'm reporting you to the RSPCA angry

lamplighter, get it to squirt some water out of its spout to keep your DCs entertained.

lamplighter Thu 09-Sep-10 20:57:48

EauRouge

Killer whale has got back in the pond [phew] but the mackeral tins and pilchard tins are fighting.

Should I separate them?

Also the dolphins have thrown their ball into the neighbour's garden. Should I send them round to ask for it back? The neighbour is very grumpy.

One other question - is a paddling pool too small for a blue whale? Should I just give up the bath? Do you have a few thousands tons of plankton I could borrow? Goldfish flakes don't seem to be doing the job.

[posting with an arm missing]

Eleison Thu 09-Sep-10 22:18:02

grin
Lamplighter, I sypathise but I'd like to point out that this is the fishnet topic. If you want to talk about whales then I suggest you ask for a marine mammals topic <sniff>

I know I mentioned dolphins, but that was specifically in connection with a tuna-related issue.

seaturtle Thu 09-Sep-10 22:33:04

I wish I had fish so I could post on Fishnet....

lamplighter Fri 10-Sep-10 11:14:26

Seaturtle

I don't think anyone here actually owns a fish. Apart from EauRouge and we shall avoid her as being the weird odd one out grin

seaturtle Fri 10-Sep-10 15:44:33

I played FishVille on Facebook with my friends for a few weeks until I realized it was a very sad way to waste my time.

Fish terrify me!

We got some so i could overcome my fear, i was doing OK until our 'sucker Fish' (i don't know what the buggers are called) flapped at me whilst i was transporting it in the Net from temporary bowl to cleaned tank, it flapped about so much it touched my thumb and I completely freaked out and accidentally flung it across the Kitchen, it splatted against the cooker and slid down the wall, DP retrieved it and it was still alive, we put it back in the tank and it was fine. hmm
My sister has the tank now i just couldn't cope knowing that Fish was indestructible.

Eleison Fri 10-Sep-10 15:55:16

grin

And <shudder> at 'sucker fish'

Seaturtle, any chance of a seaturtle topic do you think? I have nothing against your kind but this is a fish neighbourhood and we like to keep it that way.

EmEyeHi Fri 10-Sep-10 16:01:35

Am thinking about going to one of those places where you put your feet in a bucket of fish and they nibble off the mangy bits. Does that make me eligible to post on Fishnet and become part of the club?

I love clubsgrin

seaturtle Fri 10-Sep-10 16:03:55

I'm flouncing off now to demand my own Seaturtle topic. No fish allowed.

Titsalina- suckerfish are a bit creepy. It's the lips.

lamplighter Fri 10-Sep-10 16:13:41

I want an alpaca section - saw some last weekend and they look like stretched sheep with cartoon eyelashes.

I want some envy

Eleison Fri 10-Sep-10 21:34:00

Perhaps Fishnet should have its own Flounders' Corner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now