One Netflix thread to rule them all... (Film & TV Boxsets)

(5 Posts)
JedRambosteen Sun 16-Oct-16 23:18:27

Seems like there are a lot of short-lived Netflix threads and I keep missing some excellent recommendations.

I've got a recommendation - just uploaded is 'No Men Beyond This Point' (film). It's played dead straight as a documentary with (mocked up) 70's footage, vox pops, interviews etc, but is very entertaining. It's about a world where women started having 'virgin' (fatherless) births in the 70s and men gradually become more scarce/die out. There is a central family of 2 women with 6 children, including teens, and their (rare) male housekeeper (the youngest man in the world). I'm about an hour in and there is a showreel about land being given over for "man sanctuaries", including the whole of Australia. What could possibly go wrong?

Landoni112 Sat 12-Nov-16 13:28:10

I have heard that the dish and the lobster are good so they are on my list.
My recommendation is Brooklyn, great film.

228agreenend Sun 13-Nov-16 22:00:11

Just watched the new film "True Memoirs of an Aasasin" and really enjoyed it. It features an author who gets mistaken for a real life assassin. It's fairly light hearted, and quite entertaining,

BagelGoesWalking Mon 14-Nov-16 21:52:09

Orphan Black - outstanding
Stranger Things - fantastic
Sense8 - fantastic
Brooklyn - lovely
The Crown - looking forward to it
The Dish - love Sam Neill in pretty much anything
Cowboys and Aliens - surprisingly entertaining
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies - totally gripping. I always thought his treatment by the media was disgraceful and it was very interesting to see it from his point of view
Junebug - quirky film with Amy Adams before she got really famous
A Single Man - sad but stylish ( Tom Ford's first film, his second Nocturnal Animals in cinemas now)
Testament of Youth - good
Under the Skin - heard about this but haven't seen yet. Sounds weird but hopefully good
Loads of others to choose from ...

BagelGoesWalking Mon 14-Nov-16 21:54:50

Blackfish docu is a must as well! And The Little Prince is very sweet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now