If I love this film, I should watch...

(10 Posts)
tobee Sat 15-Oct-16 17:33:04

I was wondering if there's a website where you can put films in a search and it comes up with similar films. I realise I could use mumsnet but I think people would be a bit fed up with me asking multiple times of an evening as I um and ah. Anyone know of a good alternative?

bruffin Sat 22-Oct-16 11:27:16

If you search a film on imdb there is a "people who liked this film also like" but at the bottom.
Netflix also does recommendations on your previous viewing.

tobee Wed 02-Nov-16 18:20:24

Thank you!

MsAmerica Wed 02-Nov-16 23:08:58

But it makes me so sad - when people operate like this, it just serves to narrow their experience. With such a range of movies, why don't you leap into different areas?

Bambambini Sat 05-Nov-16 22:14:56

nah, just ask here - I love talking about movies.

tobee Fri 11-Nov-16 01:17:44

I love watching all types of movies actually! But sometimes I'm in the mood for a certain type of movie. It's just a bit of fun, yer know!

ILoveAutumnLeaves Fri 11-Nov-16 02:34:08

MsAmerica

In the nicest possible way, if this makes you sad, I think you need to get out more. Save your sadness for ACTUAL problems in the world, God alone knows there are enough of them. Asking for film suggestions really isn't a 'sad' issue.

YouHadMeAtCake Fri 11-Nov-16 03:28:19

Autumn pretty much covered what I was going reply to msamerica that's such a ridiculous thing to be sad about.

flumpybear Fri 11-Nov-16 04:27:30

What's the film?

tobee Fri 11-Nov-16 10:24:50

No particular film. It stems from the fact that teen ds and I watched a few 80s films a few weeks ago, films that were out when I was his age! But I couldn't remember what others there were, some I missed the first time maybe. And this is a familiar question on mumsnet what we're reading for books. Sometimes I use amazon but to see the "what other customers bought" but it doesn't work that well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now