Alice Through the Looking Glass

(5 Posts)
Average rating find out more
Dollybluevanilla Thu 02-Jun-16 13:08:33

My main draw to this film was Helena Bonham Carter, I think she's awesome and she certainly was formidable as the Queen of Hearts. Johnny Depp was brilliant as the Mad Hatter too. The story was slightly unfocused and difficult to follow, but the special effects and costumes transported you to another world.
I certainly enjoyed it and if my DS's reaction is anything to go by, I'd recommend you add it to your list of children's must see films.

What did everyone else think?

WriteforFun1 Thu 02-Jun-16 17:35:25

Dolly, I haven't seen it and I loved the first one (apart from the very final scene). Thinking to go at weekend but not sure - it's either that or Money Monster (yes I do have broad taste, lol).

The trailer looks a bit disjointed which surprised me. Has it got a good story, how did you think it compared to the first one? I'm sure it's a visual treat, I love the chess board pieces etc. Hopefully there are playing cards in this too...I like those!

Bree85 Fri 03-Jun-16 11:38:59

I haven't watched this yet, but I am excited because I have seen the first one.

heathc1iff Mon 11-Jul-16 21:26:42

I took my 9 year old daughter and her friend to see it we all loved it. It's one of those films that work on two levels so children and adults both enjoy it for possibly different reasons. Although it's a sequel it explains a lot of thing from the first film as well.

user1468297055 Tue 12-Jul-16 07:05:35

Have to watch this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now