St Elmo's Fire

(14 Posts)
Kinraddie Tue 24-May-16 10:17:20

Watched this again at the weekend and couldn't get over how bad it was. Why were these people friends? Why did they dress like middle aged people? Why did they not tell Rob Lowe's character how awful he was to his wife and baby?

Dizzybintess Mon 30-May-16 22:36:16

This is my most favourite movie of all time!!!

SoddingPufflers Mon 30-May-16 22:43:40

Love it too. Especially the bit when Andrew McCarthy tells thingy that he always loved her and they have a hot drunken shag. Stuff off my dreams for all my youth that was ;-)

SoddingPufflers Mon 30-May-16 22:45:06

I should look up,the actress's name but it was all about me really so I don't care. ally Sheedy?

Dizzybintess Mon 30-May-16 22:56:22

It was Ally Sheedy! I concur that was a bloody awesome scene.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Mon 30-May-16 22:58:56

Is that the one where Demi Moore sits by an open window for a bit and everyone loses their minds?

Dizzybintess Tue 31-May-16 00:02:09

That's the one

Scoose Tue 31-May-16 10:36:38

I was too young for these films when they were released but watched them as a teenager I had a huge crush on judd Nelson he was beautiful

Scoose Tue 31-May-16 10:37:02

Still have a crush on him now

SaturdaySurprise Tue 31-May-16 20:09:16

I saw it recently too. I hated Emilo Estevez stalking the doctor and the doctor finding it flattering.

IWILLgiveupsugar Thu 02-Jun-16 21:00:46

Emilio Estevez andAndi Macdowell were utterly without value to that film was Charlie Sheen not available?

I love that Andrew McCarthy scene. No one tells Rob Lowe's character that he is a shit because he is beautiful - that film is a lesson in how the beautifu and charming get more leeway than the rest of us.

Love the theme tune too.

Onedaftmonkey Thu 02-Jun-16 23:29:24

Watched it too recently and was appalled at the terrible acting. How the fuck did Andy McDowell EVER get a single acting job. Have to say Judd Nelson still "pumps my nads"
!)
And how stunning Andrew McCarthy was. Loved him in Pretty too.
God I spent a shit load of my teenage years watching this crap film genre.

BirthdayBetty Thu 02-Jun-16 23:34:33

I loved this film as a teenager, but when I watched it recently I thought they were a bunch of self absorbed twats.

gabsdot Mon 06-Jun-16 11:35:28

I adore this film. But more for the nostalgia aspect. The story is a bit stupid. I met Andrew McCarthy a couple of years ago. He lives here in Ireland a lot of the time. He's still very handsome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now