UK made children's films?

(10 Posts)
rushingaroundmum Wed 11-May-16 12:00:18

My children (7 & 5) are massive fans of all of the Nativity! films, mostly because they 'have real people in' and are not cartoons, and because they are set in the UK so the actors don't have strong US accents (this is their opinion not mine, I am not accent-biased!). Obviously we can't watch Christmas films all the time, plus it would be nice to have some variety.
Can anyone suggest some other films that would meet the same criteria? All ideas gratefully received.

iloveredwine Wed 11-May-16 12:01:33

Horrid Henry the movie was one my two liked

PirateSmile Wed 11-May-16 12:02:25

Nanny McPhee.

VocationalGoat Wed 11-May-16 12:06:42

The Pirates in an Adventure With Scientists and an oldie but goodie, James and the Giant Peach.

RiverTam Wed 11-May-16 12:06:50

Lots of old films have British children - Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Bednobs and Broomsticks, The railway Children. Sort of English in the Sound of Music. The voices in Howl's Moving Castle are a mixture of Enflish and American. Disney's Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. Wallace and Gromit.

Butterchunks Wed 11-May-16 12:07:00

Thunderpants

"An 11-year-old boy's amazing ability to break wind leads him first to fame and then to death row, before it helps him to fulfill his ambition of becoming an astronaut." - from imdb.com

Has a young Ron Weasley in it and is the best film about farts I have ever seen grin

Majorlyscared1993 Wed 11-May-16 12:08:56

101 Dalmatians? There is an American man in it but most the actors are English.

rushingaroundmum Wed 11-May-16 12:50:22

Thank you everyone!

Glamourgates Wed 11-May-16 13:57:49

The Harry Potters.

ElectroStallion Wed 11-May-16 14:49:56

The Railway Children
Swallows and Amazons
The Bicycle Thieves
The Parent Trap (original, Hayley Mills)
Pollyanna
The Three Lives is Thomasina
The Water Babies
One of Our Dinosaurs is missing
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Harry Potter (but maybe just the first one as they're quite young)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now