Inside out. Suitable for a 3.8 year old?

(15 Posts)
Mrsbadger77 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:17:50

Thinking of taking dd to the cinema for the first time on Monday as the weather is to be bad ( obviously bank holiday ) would this film be suitable for a 3.8 year old or Alvin and the chipmunks? Thanks.

Equiem89 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:22:05

Inside Out is one of the best films I've seen for ages, for reasons that only an adult will understand.
A child will like the bright colours etc and you will like the meaning behind it

Gizlotsmum Thu 28-Apr-16 20:23:22

Watched it in the cinema with my not quite 4 yr old and he loved it!

NeedACleverNN Thu 28-Apr-16 20:24:21

Inside out should be fine

There's nothing really scary or tear jerking in it for normal people but as a parent it can tug on your heart a little.

Passmethecrisps Thu 28-Apr-16 20:24:22

I watched it with dd who is 3 and a few months and she loved it. She had no clue what was going on but she liked the imaginary friend and all the wee characters.

There was a scene with a clown which she found scary

And I cried. A fair bit really

RNBrie Thu 28-Apr-16 20:25:30

My dd saw it just after she turned 4. She was bored in the middle bit and didn't get what was going on. Getting through it was a bit of an ordeal.

I've not seen Alvin so have no idea if that's a better choice. Sorry.

Passmethecrisps Thu 28-Apr-16 20:25:35

We watched it at home on iTunes if that makes a difference though rather than the cinema.

Mrsbadger77 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:28:41

Thanks folks! Think I might risk it. Even if she sits for half the film we can always go for a walk for 5 mins if she gets bored.

Bree85 Tue 03-May-16 16:46:34

I love Inside Out. It has a lot of lessons to learn. About what should be important in life and how they are connected. That is why I think it is suitable for your daughter.

herecomesthsun Mon 16-May-16 19:38:28

I went to see it with my son 7ish and daughter nearly 4, they liked it.

LastGirlOnTheLeft Mon 16-May-16 19:41:36

Yes perfectly fine. It's not in the same league as Toy Story but a nice, 'joyful' little film all the same.

PenguinsAreAce Mon 16-May-16 19:50:28

Sorry, I disagree. No not suitable for a child so you, especially one with any sense of empathy. My 3 yr old watched it on DVD (much more overwhelming at cinema) and she howled and howled proper roaring sobs at one of the sad bits. She mentioned it for several days. I think it will be her Bambi!

PenguinsAreAce Mon 16-May-16 19:51:09

You= young

MrsDeathOfRats Mon 16-May-16 19:56:44

My 3.9 yr old asks to watch it daily. My 21 month old also absolutely adores it!!

SharingMichelle Mon 16-May-16 20:00:53

It's not really aimed at very young children, but there's nothing scary or unsuitable in it either. My just-4 yr old doesn't mind when someone else puts it on, but given the choice she'd much rather watch 101 Dalmatians.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now