Kate Winslet says that Jack could have survived on the floating board at the end of Titanic

(18 Posts)
ClaudiaApfelstrudel Tue 02-Feb-16 17:52:14

at last the truth is out! we all knew it anyway Kate...!

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Tue 02-Feb-16 17:53:59

Yeah, the bitch could of shuffled over and made room.

WileHallion Tue 02-Feb-16 17:55:57

Yes. Rose was a selfish bint.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Tue 02-Feb-16 17:57:41

Kate obviously hasn't watched Mythbusters' re-enactment. Yes they wouldn't have drowned, but they'd totally have died of hypothermia (unless they McGyvered Rose's life jacket under the raft for additional buoyancy).

Fairylea Tue 02-Feb-16 17:58:38

It's a good job he died or she'd be fed up of him constantly calling "Rose!" every six seconds as he did throughout the entire film....

rosebiggs Tue 02-Feb-16 18:03:47

I always wondered why she didn't budge up for him.

ClashCityRocker Tue 02-Feb-16 18:09:06

pah. 'I'll never let go' my arse.

Still, it would never have worked if he had made it.

rebecca631 Fri 12-Feb-16 14:31:36

What about the weight of two people. Wouldn't the weigh of both people on the board allow for water to come over the board? This would definitely lead to hypothermia.

InQuiteAPickle Fri 12-Feb-16 14:35:44

grin or she would have got fed up of saying "Jack" all the time.

"Jack, no. Wait, Jack. Jack, I couldn't possibly!"

"Jack. There's a boat, Jack. Jack..."

I'm glad I'm not the only one that irritated! 😠😀

InQuiteAPickle Fri 12-Feb-16 14:37:24

They could have taken turns. The moving about would have kept them warm.

"Ok, you've had 15 minutes. It's my go."

Dumbledoresgirl Fri 12-Feb-16 14:38:32

They'd have died of hypothermia regardless of how much water was on the board. They were already soaking wet from having entered the water, and the air temperature alone would have killed them given they were in wet clothes.

I agree with a PP. The relationship would never have worked out long term anyway.

Dumbledoresgirl Fri 12-Feb-16 14:40:55

Cynicism aside, I have to say I still cry every time I get to the scene when Rose dies and enters the restored Titanic to find all the people who had died before her waiting for her applauding.

InQuiteAPickle Fri 12-Feb-16 14:45:34

I always feel a bit sorry for her husband - the one that she eventually married. He must have always been second best. sad

InQuiteAPickle Fri 12-Feb-16 14:46:38

Anyway, how beautiful was Leonardo DiCaprio in that film?!

horizontilting Fri 12-Feb-16 14:55:39

If she hadn't jumped back on board from the lifeboat, he could have had that raft to himself.

ClaudiaApfelstrudel Fri 12-Feb-16 16:23:23

If she hadn't jumped back on board from the lifeboat, he could have had that raft to himself

grin

rebecca631 Fri 12-Feb-16 16:36:17

true, and then a second movie could have been made of them finding each other when reaching shore. She could have gotten married to her husband and then they could have had some sort of duel over her....

horizontilting Fri 12-Feb-16 16:50:25

... we could have followed her epic journey across America where she did all these things her grandaughter talked about. I'd watch that movie (if it was a little shorter...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now