Under The Skin

(15 Posts)
Valdeeves Mon 10-Mar-14 19:48:04

The hype is big for this one - cant wait to see it!

householdchorewhore Sat 15-Mar-14 21:04:02

Saw it tonight!

Have you seen it yet? What did you think?

The woman at the beginning who she takes the clothes from - was that Scarlett too? I thought it was but DH says otherwise....

Interested to see this one, too. I loved the book so can't wait. Hmm, need to find a trailer

Wow - just watched trailer. Looks wholly unlike the book, IMO, but I'll definitely give it a go!

Valdeeves Sat 15-Mar-14 22:02:16

The books really good but I don't think it'll be anything like it to be honest.

Caitlin17 Mon 17-Mar-14 01:35:39

It's nothing like the book apart from the initial premise of there being an alien abducting men.

I thought the woman at the beginning was Scarlett's predecessor who'd come to the end of her useful life either by wearing out or being killed/injured. It's the first film I've seen her in I've not wanted to slap her.

BTW inordinately and unreasonably pleased to see she has a huge backside on her.

Husband wondered if unknown (possibly amateur? )Scottish actor playing the nice guy she does sleep with paid for his part rather than being paid.

Why/ how did the deformed bloke escape the black sludge?

householdchorewhore Mon 17-Mar-14 08:31:03

Because either she was becoming more human or because he wouldn't have been useful to kill - or both.

there was one motorcycle rider at the beginning and after she'd killed three men there were four. So I presume one guy killed = one more in their army. And they would have to be strong. The little guy mightn't have been much use?

Caitlin17 Mon 17-Mar-14 08:52:35

Why do you think there were 4 motor bike riders? It was the same one throughout.

householdchorewhore Mon 17-Mar-14 08:54:59

Because you saw four of them at the petrol station and then four driving off in different directions at the roundabout...

householdchorewhore Mon 17-Mar-14 18:15:42

I've just read that some of the men who got in the van were not aware they were being filmed!

AnyFucker Mon 17-Mar-14 18:17:19

Is this just out at the cinema ? Loved the book, so strange and unusual.

householdchorewhore Mon 17-Mar-14 18:41:16

Yep. Apparently quite different to the book.

AnyFucker Mon 17-Mar-14 19:57:17

Exciting grin

dalek Tue 01-Apr-14 21:15:21

Rubbish rubbish rubbish. That's two hours of my life that I won't get back. SO disappointed as Under the Skin is one of my favourite books ever. If you haven't read the book how would you have any idea what was going on?

Ignore the film - read the book.

Dalek I am so with you! Enjoyed the book but thought the film was a waste of time. Nothing like the book but if hadn't read the book wouldn't have had a clue! Lots of people walked out half way through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now