support thread for breadwinner mums with SAHD

(2 Posts)
Breadwidow Mon 23-May-16 20:00:56

This AIBU thread http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2640701--to-be-considering-leaving, alerted me to the fact it was Nice to have some online support for living with reversed gender roles. More and more women are the main earners and I was hoping to start a nice supportive thread for full time working main earner mums, where the male partner does all or most of the childcare. Like some surveys have indicate I didn't really chose the role - my DH had a business, we moved for my job, he hasn't been able to relocate it and he's been a SAHD for nearly 4 years now. We have 2 kids, 4 and 20 months. I would rather be at home more, he'd rather work a bit but it's kinda ok for now, and I think it has meant our gender divide of house work etc is way more equal than many. But sometimes the fact I'm not in the 'normal' mum role gets me down and I wonder if that's because it's what I want or because what people expect. DH also finds it hard, all the same reasons SAHMs have it hard but with feeling a bit odd at playgroups plus odd views from some friends thrown in. Anyway, anyone else in the same boat and want to share moans and advice etc related to being at the vanguard against traditional gender roles?

Breadwidow Sat 28-May-16 23:06:34

No replies. Can this thread get moved to a higher traffic area?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now