Can anyone suggest an actively feminist work-out class in London?

(3 Posts)
SeparatedByMotorways Sun 28-Feb-16 00:43:05

Bit random and maybe not the place but I foolishly got into a conversation over in AIBU that turned into being rounded on for mentioning that my dance class is 'gender neutral'. My actively, deliberately, gender neutral dance class has just announced it is closing and it has been a real lifeline for me at times where I've not felt comfortable accessing traditional exercise spaces. It had a really strong ethos of inclusivity and body positivity and other generally lovely feminist things and it gave me the confidence I needed to get back into going to classes all by myself with my squidgy body. It also afforded me the opportunity to meet some of the greatest, most wonderful, likeminded people I've ever met.

It sounds absolutely ridiculous I know but once it shuts in May I know I'll feel lost. I love to dance, and I love to exercise, but I really struggle with traditional gendered (read: patriarchal) spaces.

Anyone got any ideas at all? I'd be forever grateful!

dementedpixie Sun 28-Feb-16 16:28:52

I don't even know what gender neutral classes mean. I go to body pump classes and the ones I go to are mainly taken by women with mainly women taking part.

YeOldeTrout Fri 06-May-16 19:18:17

Maybe you need to explain what you don't want, OP. What you find hard to tolerate or hard to avoid or hard to find.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now