The Midwich Cuckoos

(7 Posts)
Trills Sat 08-Oct-11 18:49:24

The Chrysalids is my favourite too - I love a bit of post-apocalyptic stuff, especially when people make up myths about what the apocalypse was

falasportugues Sun 10-Jul-11 22:45:55

whoops i think i missed it on listen again.... might try to get hold of a paper copy. I'll look for cansider her ways too.. thanks for the tip

TeiTetua Fri 01-Jul-11 15:56:10

I read that, long ago. Saw the film, too.

It's Consider Her Ways that's really got the feminist interest. You can read it on the computer:
http://sharedparent.www2.50megs.com/DV/considr1.htm

If I'm remembering it right, there's a fairly admirable marriage between the narrator and his wife in The Kraken Wakes, too.

falasportugues Thu 30-Jun-11 23:36:48

yes! there is the listen again facility on the website. i think i will listen to them back to back tomorrow night with a pile of mending!

pengymum Thu 23-Jun-11 18:59:10

Ooh I love John Wyndham's books! The Chrysalids is my favourite (love the idea of telepathy etc) but like them all. Can't do 6pm though - is there a podcast?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

falasportugues Wed 22-Jun-11 21:38:25

is going to be on radio 4 next week. anybody read it? what do you think? anybody fancy listening to it with me next week? i think it's at 6pm on 4extra.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now