Reclaim the Night 2016, when and where

(4 Posts)
SianSteans Fri 21-Oct-16 14:11:49

It's getting colder and the evenings are getting darker. That means autumn/winter for some, but Reclaim the Night for others!

I've started this thread to share local reclaim the night actions. Please post about yours! I'll start with details of London because it's the biggest one. This year it will be Saturday 19th November. Details here www.reclaimthenight.co.uk

This picture is actually from Nottingham like me but you get the idea!

SianSteans Fri 21-Oct-16 14:13:02

In Nottingham we have a few events happening... First is a family friendly women and children banner making session. That's next Wednesday (October 26th)

SianSteans Fri 21-Oct-16 14:16:40

Then there is a reclaim the night community action (does not feature a march). The Facebook event is here:
www.facebook.com/events/1207866199274628/

And the info is also on the website of the the Nottingham Women's Centre if you're not a Facebook person.
www.nottinghamwomenscentre.com/reclaim-the-night-events-2016/

SianSteans Fri 21-Oct-16 14:26:11

A female led club night are doing a glitter party takeover with another banner making session on November 5th. They're called Fan Club and it will be at Rough Trade Nottingham. Details here www.facebook.com/events/1418291364866057/

The Reclaim the Night march in Nottingham is November 12th (one week before London) and details are here
reclaimthenightnottingham.wordpress.com

Sometimes groups of women travel from Loughborough, Derby and Leicester for the Nottingham events. Have a look online if you're from the East Midlands to see if there are women you can travel with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now