Goldsmiths FemSoc

(4 Posts)
Trisagion Sat 05-Dec-15 14:19:40

Together with the LGBTQ society has bullied and attempted to silence Maryam Namazui an ex Muslim.

There is a very informative blog by tomowolade (Tomiwa Afetayo Owolade) student and blogger which gives the background to all this. It's titled The Student Left's Broken Moral Compass. I can't seem to post the link from the blog unfortunately.

I wonder what has happened to feminist societies and who the entryists are who organise and orchestrate this activity.

Any Goldsmiths students / staff out there who can light on this?

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 05-Dec-15 16:26:56

I have heard feminists who are students there say they give the feminist society a wide berth. It sounds awful.

PosieReturningParker Fri 26-Feb-16 08:07:06

She's brilliant.

originalmavis Fri 26-Feb-16 08:17:16

There are some odd types in student politics these days. I don't remember it being like that in my day. It seems that some are just there for a fight -looking for things to froth about, and some try to make a name for themselves by banning high profile speakers rather than engage with them (Germane Greer, Peter Tatchel).

Was this case the one when that particular group were shouting on the sidelines along with a rather inflammatory muslim student group (very odd bedfellows)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now