Million Women Rise - Help Sourcing a Venue

(4 Posts)
MillionWomen Thu 22-Jan-15 19:37:47

Good Evening All,

This is my first time using Mumsnet and I'm hoping you might be able to help me. I am trying to source a venue for the Million Women Rise celebration event on the 7 March 2015.

Million Women Rise is the largest march in Europe to combat violence against women and girls. It is an annual march which runs from Hyde Park to Trafalgar Square (central London) with approximately 4000-8000 women and children attending.

For this year’s post march celebration event I am trying to source a safe and accessible venue:

Essential Requirements:

•Fully accessible
•Capacity for 150-200 people
•Close to Trafalgar Square
•Available from 5pm – Midnight

Desirable Requirements:

•Potential to lease a sound system
•Bar (all monies will go to venue)

For the last five years we have leased a venue for £300-£400 on the night, unfortunately, that venue is no longer available. I am now searching for a space that meets the above requirements and will allow us to provide a small number of women with a safe space to network, enjoy spoken word and entertainment, celebrate the march and rest before heading home.

Million Women Rise is not a charity, the march and the celebration event are organised and funded purely on the basis of volunteer support and donations.

I’d be really grateful for any suggestions you might have of suitable venues I could approach. It would also be brilliant if you could put the date in your diary and join us on the 7 March - www.millionwomenrise.com/

Kind regards

Elisha

ArcheryAnnie Fri 30-Jan-15 12:07:20

That's a tough one - I can't think of any space (that isn't a nightclub and won't cost you a fortune) which will allow you to stay in until midnight.

Have you tried Conway Hall? They are at the cheaper end of the central London venue spectrum - though even there I doubt you can stay open until midnight, as there are flats nearby.

ArcheryAnnie Fri 30-Jan-15 12:11:42

I once went to a feminist do here, and they do hire for parties: www.dragonhall.org.uk/main-hall/

(Covent Garden.)

BeMorePanda Sun 21-Aug-16 11:28:55

London School of Economics (LSE) is close by and the student union has several spaces available for hire. Not sure of cost but may be worth looking at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now