I'm angry - what should I be doing?

(8 Posts)
unclefluffy Mon 03-Jun-13 20:16:53

Just that, really. I'm pretty pissed off with the status quo - with the gender pay gap, with the under-representation of women in public life, with inequality at home and in the workplace... What can I do? I'm not even a member of the Fawcett Society makes mental note but I fancy something more active.

What should I do? Any ideas, wise women?

sashh Tue 11-Jun-13 04:49:12

My personal rebellion.

I have some shares, not many but it means that every year I get to vote in the shareholders meeting.

I always vote for the women on the board and against the men.

Live4mykidz Sun 10-Nov-13 15:46:45

ooh sexism

LondonMumUK Tue 17-Jun-14 14:06:35

Hey unclefluffy,

Check out The Hunger Project UK. An organization helping communities around the world establish stable, gender-equal, healthy societies: www.thehungerproject.co.uk/whatwedo/millenniumdevelopmentgoals/

If you're interested in promoting this cause (and near the Thames River area), I'm trying to form a team for The Hunger Project Thames Path Challenge. Let me know! smile

Trapper Tue 17-Jun-14 14:09:09

If there is a gender pay gap, you Gould take it up with your employer. They should be aware that I they are discriminating on the basis of your sex then they are breaking the law.

reader12 Thu 17-Jul-14 21:49:37

It's a small thing to start with but you could sign the NoMorePage3 petition:

www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/david-dinsmore-take-the-bare-boobs-out-of-the-sun-nomorepage3

The campaign against page 3 has also spawned lots of local groups of very nice people who are also angry and want change - lots have just formed in the last few weeks so should be full of energy and inspiration! It might be worth investigating your nearest one.

nomorepage3.org/regional-nmp3-groups/

placidjoy123 Sat 20-Sep-14 11:03:03

Hungerstrike?

candysnatch7 Mon 30-Mar-15 13:17:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now