I'm angry - what should I be doing?

(7 Posts)
unclefluffy Mon 03-Jun-13 20:16:53

Just that, really. I'm pretty pissed off with the status quo - with the gender pay gap, with the under-representation of women in public life, with inequality at home and in the workplace... What can I do? I'm not even a member of the Fawcett Society makes mental note but I fancy something more active.

What should I do? Any ideas, wise women?

sashh Tue 11-Jun-13 04:49:12

My personal rebellion.

I have some shares, not many but it means that every year I get to vote in the shareholders meeting.

I always vote for the women on the board and against the men.

Live4mykidz Sun 10-Nov-13 15:46:45

ooh sexism

LondonMumUK Tue 17-Jun-14 14:06:35

Hey unclefluffy,

Check out The Hunger Project UK. An organization helping communities around the world establish stable, gender-equal, healthy societies: www.thehungerproject.co.uk/whatwedo/millenniumdevelopmentgoals/

If you're interested in promoting this cause (and near the Thames River area), I'm trying to form a team for The Hunger Project Thames Path Challenge. Let me know! smile

Trapper Tue 17-Jun-14 14:09:09

If there is a gender pay gap, you Gould take it up with your employer. They should be aware that I they are discriminating on the basis of your sex then they are breaking the law.

reader12 Thu 17-Jul-14 21:49:37

It's a small thing to start with but you could sign the NoMorePage3 petition:

www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/david-dinsmore-take-the-bare-boobs-out-of-the-sun-nomorepage3

The campaign against page 3 has also spawned lots of local groups of very nice people who are also angry and want change - lots have just formed in the last few weeks so should be full of energy and inspiration! It might be worth investigating your nearest one.

nomorepage3.org/regional-nmp3-groups/

placidjoy123 Sat 20-Sep-14 11:03:03

Hungerstrike?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now