Anyone want to donate san pro for girls in Kenya?

(28 Posts)
MmeLindor Tue 15-Jan-13 11:45:12

Girls in many African countries don't go to school when they have their period because they don't have sanitary protection.

This is one of the factors that leads to girls dropping out of school earlier than boys, despite them leading the class for years before.

I'm organising a box of san pro to be sent to women and girls I met last year when I was there blogging for Mumsnet and the Gates Foundation.

blog here

Am also looking into some long term solutions that might be interesting.

If you are interested, post here or PM me.

Pictureperfect Sat 26-Jan-13 00:00:55

Hi, so many people have gone off using always since they put perfume in there, maybe the threads complaining about them might have people who will donate their perfumed stock?

MmeLindor Sat 26-Jan-13 21:10:48

Thanks Swampster. I have heard of Rubycup, and made contact with them last year. I didn't have time to follow up on that though, but hope to sometime soon.

Will check out the other site too.

Picture
I don't know. I see what you mean, but we are sending san pro to young girls so perhaps not good to send them something that might give them a rash or something. Not sure about perfumed stuff.

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Thu 31-Jan-13 17:02:01

Well done thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now